Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be an anxious wait as usual to see who we can palm the likes of Sandro and Bolasie off on before the transfer windows ends. There will be a lot of frustration here to know that, also with Tosun in the mix too, we have about 70m worth of 'talent' that we cannot sell and will be paying a substantal amount of their wages for one more season.

Then we'll have the likes of Davies and Iwobi sticking around like bad smell posting about their excitement for next season when none of the fans want um here.

In fact, looking at the squad list we'll have, and be unable to get rid of Besic too, but maybe we can lose the three of Dowell, Pennington and Lossl on permanent deals.

I would be in heaven if we could sell one of Mina/Keane, and at least four of Sigurdsson, Delph, Iwobi, Davies, Baningame, Kenny (don't think he's much cop) but I very, very, very seriously doubt it.

I just hope the board are prepared to back Carlo to the hilt. Surely they will otherwise he wouldnt be here.

STARTING winger
STARTING central midfielder
STARTING striker if we are sticking at 442

That is the absolute minimum needed! Alongside that, next priorities are right back and centre half, and another central midfielder.

I doubt a goalkeeper will be on the agenda but would love him to send Pickford packing - can't see him having any takers however.

That makes 6 players in and up to 13 out either on loan or permanent to give us a squad size of about 22. Absolutely perfect for a domestic-only season.

Still, I know I am in dreamland with many of those I want us to get rid of and know all of Sig, Davies, Iwobi, Delph, Besic will be on the books next season.

It's going to be an anxious wait as usual to see who we can palm the likes of Sandro and Bolasie off on before the transfer windows ends. There will be a lot of frustration here to know that, also with Tosun in the mix too, we have about 70m worth of 'talent' that we cannot sell and will be paying a substantal amount of their wages for one more season.

Then we'll have the likes of Davies and Iwobi sticking around like bad smell posting about their excitement for next season when none of the fans want um here.

In fact, looking at the squad list we'll have, and be unable to get rid of Besic too, but maybe we can lose the three of Dowell, Pennington and Lossl on permanent deals.

I would be in heaven if we could sell one of Mina/Keane, and at least four of Sigurdsson, Delph, Iwobi, Davies, Baningame, Kenny (don't think he's much cop) but I very, very, very seriously doubt it.

I just hope the board are prepared to back Carlo to the hilt. Surely they will otherwise he wouldnt be here.

STARTING winger
STARTING central midfielder
STARTING striker if we are sticking at 442

That is the absolute minimum needed! Alongside that, next priorities are right back and centre half, and another central midfielder.

I doubt a goalkeeper will be on the agenda but would love him to send Pickford packing - can't see him having any takers however.

That makes 6 players in and up to 13 out either on loan or permanent to give us a squad size of about 22. Absolutely perfect for a domestic-only season.

Still, I know I am in dreamland with many of those I want us to get rid of and know all of Sig, Davies, Iwobi, Delph, Besic will be on the books next season.

You know we need 19 players every week next season mostly likely?

Having 3 back ups would be next level stupid.

Keane has been the best And most consistent player Since the restart. He’s not going anywhere.
That depends if we get a good offer, he has 2yrs left. I’m not sure we will be offering him another 5yr deal taking him to 32/33.
so the club have a decision to make.

He’s done well and I quite like, but I do agree with a few, that we have defended deep since the restart, due to the likes of Keane and Mina and the weak midfield. He can look very good in that system, I don’t think Ancelotti wants us to be a defensive side permanently. Also he’s ok technically but not great.

I wonder if that Ismaila Sarr has some kind of relegation clause in his contract? I hope he doesn't as his contract with Watford is until 2024, which would put Watford in the driving seat if there is no relegation clause. Watford would be able to sell him to the highest bidder, rather than having the RS pick him up on some cheap relegation clause.

You know we need 19 players every week next season mostly likely?

Having 3 back ups would be next level stupid.
So you think we should go into a season with 26,27 players? We don't have to put a squad of 19 out.

Barcelona had a bench of 5 last week.

Having such a bloated squad would be appalling in my opinion. We only have a domestic season and with these silly water breaks in games of reduces the risk of injury even further.

Brooks, although he’s decent he’s not what we need.

We need a winger to add 10-20 goals I just don’t think he would get them numbers myself.

Also tired of being rinsed for players like him.
He’s played the equivalent of a season with Bournemouth and got 8 goals. That’s not bad considering, the team he’s playing For and the injury he had

When we emerged from a poor team to a great team in 1984/5 it was mainly just a couple of shroud additions IE Reid/Gray that set it all off I honestly think something similar is all we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back