Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last 3 seasons Zaha on average has scored around 7-8 goals per season (would have been more had he not downed tools this season).

Not saying he's fantastic but when you add in the amount of penalties he wins you & defenders he occupies leaving space for others he's a massive upgrade on all of our wingers.

If Palace would accept Iwobi/Tosun + cash we could do worse.

I would prefer us looking elsewhere like but with Brands record I would just be happy with a proven player coming in ahead of the current garbage in the squad.

Over the last 3 seasons Zaha on average has scored around 7-8 goals per season (would have been more had he not downed tools this season).

Not saying he's fantastic but when you add in the amount of penalties he wins you & defenders he occupies leaving space for others he's a massive upgrade on all of our wingers.

I would prefer us looking elsewhere like but with Brands record I would just be happy with a proven player coming in ahead of the current garbage in the squad.
Is this what’s being reported though? If not, then it is purely speculation that I can’t see happening. That and I don’t see us still being in for him anyways.

He has 1 in 5 goal ratio which is atrocious for a club NEEDING to add goals from the wing. He’ll get you 4/5 a season

Topping that remarkable stat is the fact he has the highest amount of poor touches per game.

absolute liability of a footballer

My thoughts on the last few pages:

Zaha - 40m maybe, I wouldn't be particularly bothered either way, but it's still high for his output and age.
Zaha - 80m no thanks

Do we need experience or youngsters? We need both, definitely require an on field leader which we are sadly lacking and have been for some time. But buying 'experience' for us currently looks likes players that cannot get regular game time at top 6 clubs or are too good for relegated teams (remarkable we finish mid table isn't it). That model needs to change and we need to be taking more risks on younger up and coming talent to enhance our current squad.

Is Zaha better or as good as Richarlison? No, and we shouldn't be thinking about replacing one with the other. I can see Zaha complimenting Richarlison, but replacing Richarlison with Zaha (especially for a value above £40m) is a backward step.

He has 1 in 5 goal ratio which is atrocious for a club NEEDING to add goals from the wing. He’ll get you 4/5 a season

Topping that remarkable stat is the fact he has the highest amount of poor touches per game.

The real reason not to sign him is we're spending 40m on a 27 year old that isn't world class. That's a bad idea regardless of poor touches or whatever.

Zaha is a decent player in his own right but would be an awful signing for us. I was just about OK with it last year because I (stupidly) believed we weren't that far away and maybe he could would be enough of an improvement to see us bumped up the league. This year I think we're miles away, and signing him would just be flushing money down the drain.

according to premierleague.com

Wilfred Zaha

SeasonPtsMPGSACSGCOGPSPMYCRCSBBPSICTII£S£E
2019/201203279469460005004337572.0588.01103.0226.4£7.0£6.6
2018/1914330371011114900081013459752.8753.31200.0270.6£7.0£7.0
2017/1813625499710310005008404668.0716.91125.0251.0£7.0£7.1
2016/17149301971175600080013481740.4606.4865.0221.2£5.5£5.8
2015/168524882563700050003260.00.00.00.0£5.5£5.2
2014/159119774372400010032320.00.00.00.0£5.5£5.1
2013/142161601113000100090.0

Some surprising Goals/Assists numbers there.

All we need now is one of the Americans to explain the rest of the stats for us :) lol

Seriously he’s our best player. I suppose DCL’s excuse is down to having no service.

Richarlison has played left wing, right wing and up front over the last 2 seasons and has more goals than lukaku.
Yes he’s not perfect and needs to improve parts of his game like most 23 year olds. You sound like the rest of the Uk media, laughing when it was reported Barca bid 85mil

He’s got more prem goals in the last 2 years from open play than, Firmino, Son, Lacazette, martial, Rashford and Jiménez. Playing for a mid table team.

Richarlison and Zaha are always being booted...also Grealish.

i wouldnt be surprised if they were in around the top 3 most fouled players in the league.

The top sides have 2 or 3 players to keep your eye on which means they cant be double (or triple) marked...also players seem to come out of position to main Richarlison which could give us an advantage if we had one or two other 'dangermen'.

The more threats = the more space.

Iwobi + Tosun + £20 million and I would take Zaha 100%.

Minimal outlay & 2x bums off the wage books.

I think we and Palace could inflate both sides of the deal with swaps....they could sell him at £60mil which helps their FFP and we could inflate Iwobi to what we paid and add in another player.

it benefits everyone.

Btw i noticed you writing about "bums" alot recently. Is there anyone here you would like to ask if they "fancy a bum" ?

They don't have to be unknown wonderkids, but it would be nice if we could start finding a few players before their prices have gone through the roof. You look at what Watford and Barcelona paid for Richarlison and Mina, and then what we paid for them just months later, and it highlights how we could save ourselves a fortune if we identified players ready for the next step, rather than waiting until they've already made it. Personally I do think we've made too many 'obvious' signings. It's difficult to believe that of all the players in the world we felt that Iwobi was the one we really needed. It's just such an unimaginative move. It makes me laugh when people get annoyed about us being linked with Lingard, Phil Jones etc as if we wouldn't touch them. They absolutely scream Everton signings with every inch of their being.
The worst bit about most of thsoe signings is we don't safeguard ourselves. United would almost give them away (ah la Sigurdsson for us) and we pluge in with a decent offer. I mean it's one thing taking them on loan for a season and having a look. At least we did that with Sidibe. There's nothing wrong with a year long loan at times.

I think the idea was a bit of 'playing safe' with signings. Going for players who were already in major leagues and would seamlessly transition into our squad. Seen as lower risk...but lower reward to rebuild the squad before making some different types of signings.

Then of course the other end of the spectrum which is high potential young players.

Its not worked.

I don’t think he will have a lot of options to be honest

Not in the PL but maybe abroad like a Lyon type team or something might take the gamble probably not at 40m though.
This was mentioned on here this morning. I’m not sure the top European Teams will want him and the next level below, are unlikely to match his current salary, never mind giving him a pay rise.

I did read that Lyon need to sell players.
Like I’ve just said, apparently he’s on a 100k a week, he’s not going to take a pay cut at 27. So I’m not sure many can afford him.

Unless he’s cheap 20/30mil and I can’t see palace selling for that.

Cant see him going for under £40mil myself.

Would he be worth it to us for £100k+ a week and £40mil+?

I dont know...no one knows for sure.

However, would it be a good move for us to swap 2 players + £10-20mil for him?

Definitely think so.

Foreign sides i dont think would pay the fee + salary. Lyon need sales and they wont cough up those wages....maybe a Bayern or someone could take him as a squad player but i cant see it.

In England perhaps Arsenal, Spurs or ourselves...

Id actually be surprised if we werent trying for him. Weve bid £52mil last summer and now have players to move...surely the interest would remain unless Ancelotti uses a veto.

The real reason not to sign him is we're spending 40m on a 27 year old that isn't world class. That's a bad idea regardless of poor touches or whatever.

The reason not sign him should always be ability over cost. If Ronaldo was an option when he left Madrid I would have been all over it, not gone “well he’s 32 so it’s a no”.

I like footballers at my club, not step over kings who actually offer no end product.

Arsenal spent over £70 million on a player deemed "world class"

Spurs spent £65 million on a player deemed "world class"

Every signing is a gamble and Everton are in no position to attract a world class player without European football.

Anyone who cant see how Zaha would instantly improve our side has an obvious agenda.

Not saying we should spend £50 million+ but if we could say offer £25-30 million + Tosun and/or Iwobi its a no brainer

[/QUOTE]
Absolutely this...Zaha = Emperors new clothes

The reason not sign him should always be ability over cost. If Ronaldo was an option when he left Madrid I would have been all over it, not gone “well he’s 32 so it’s a no”.

I like footballers at my club, not step over kings who actually offer no end product.
Mate maybe you missed the part that said who isn't world class but obviously we should have signed Ronaldo if offered the chance.

Arsenal spent over £70 million on a player deemed "world class"

Spurs spent £65 million on a player deemed "world class"

Every signing is a gamble and Everton are in no position to attract a world class player without European football.

Anyone who cant see how Zaha would instantly improve our side has an obvious agenda.

Not saying we should spend £50 million+ but if we could say offer £25-30 million + Tosun and/or Iwobi its a no brainer
Improving our side and being good enough or having the potential to be good enough for where we want to be aren't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back