Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the PL but maybe abroad like a Lyon type team or something might take the gamble probably not at 40m though.
This was mentioned on here this morning. I’m not sure the top European Teams will want him and the next level below, are unlikely to match his current salary, never mind giving him a pay rise.

I did read that Lyon need to sell players.

He’ll have a few if the price is right. I suppose for Everton to land Zaha or the like they would have to demonstrate what “the project” is and convince him to sign. He’ll get decent money whenever he goes. Wouldn’t have a lot of faith we could persuade anyone after how “the project” has progressed these last few years!
Like I’ve just said, apparently he’s on a 100k a week, he’s not going to take a pay cut at 27. So I’m not sure many can afford him.

Unless he’s cheap 20/30mil and I can’t see palace selling for that.

Zaha is on £130k p/w apparently at Palace, we'd have to match or up that, absolutely enormous swerve.

Swear some of you want us to turn into the next Leeds.
I wouldn’t be advocating to sign him, I’m sure there are cheaper options out there. But if he came, he would improve the team. It’s up to the wizards at the club to keep an eye on the finances

We have very few natural players in our team that can travel with the ball under close control, Zaha and Grealish do that and it’s probably their best ability.

Without players that can do this you end up very predictable with the ball just being passed around in front of the opposition defence with no opportunity to cut them open, which is what we have.

In summary we need ball carriers.

Zaha is on £130k p/w apparently at Palace, we'd have to match or up that, absolutely enormous swerve.

Swear some of you want us to turn into the next Leeds.

....I just don’t think he’s that good, even if Tosun is used as a makeweight.

He’ll often dribble into cul-de-sacs or no-man’s land. It might look flashy that he’s gone past players but there’s no end result. I don’t see him busting a gut to get on the end of crosses from the other wing, I don’t see many goals scored in the 6 yard box.

He’s better than Bolasie but he’s a similar type. All fur coat and no knickers.

We have very few natural players in our team that can travel with the ball under close control, Zaha and Grealish do that and it’s probably their best ability.

Without players that can do this you end up very predictable with the ball just being passed around in front of the opposition defence with no opportunity to cut them open, which is what we have.

In summary we need ball carriers.

...but you have to travel with purpose and Zaha rarely does. I actually thought Grealish was very disappointing when he played against us and there were plenty of derisory comments about his performance against West Ham until he scored.

I think Sarr is one we certainly have to compete for. I do think he has what Zaha has but given he's around 6 years younger, it'll be a sound business decision. Zaha needs to go to an established side - we wouldn't be right for him and visa versa.

I think Palace have held on to him far too long by the way.

....I just don’t think he’s that good, even if Tosun is used as a makeweight.

He’ll often dribble into cul-de-sacs or no-man’s land. It might look flashy that he’s gone past players but there’s no end result. I don’t see him busting a gut to get on the end of crosses from the other wing, I don’t see many goals scored in the 6 yard box.

He’s better than Bolasie but he’s a similar type. All fur coat and no knickers.

Can only see Palace taking pure cash for Zaha with the COVID impact so that plus his wages is a big no-no for me this Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back