Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’d score about 10 goals if he had to play in front of Sigurdsson just like he did that season when Naismith played that position.

It’s mad ain’t it? I know under Martinez our defending was absolutely shocking but we played some great attacking football under him, probably the best I’ve seen supporting this club.

Compare that type of play to the complete and utter dross this current crop are churning out, it’s depressing.

I think it's misleading to state they swerved Werner because they couldn't afford him. We don't know what has gone on. However, there's a good chance he's made demands on playing time they couldn't guarantee.

Think I read somewhere that the terms of Werners release clause meant money up front, rather than spread over contract length and that they had swerved it on that basis.

Someone will be on in a minute to tell me I don't understand how amortisation works.

Wish we had a forward like this again.

Infact I wish we had a team like this again. Barry winning the ball in the middle and Barkley playing forward balls like that. Gomes or Davies don’t win the ball and Sigurdsson gets that ball in the middle, he turns around and plays it back to Digne every time.

What a striker I remember that day well was absolutely buzzing - thought we would really kick on that following season and get CL.

Infuriates me when people rave about DCL - lad couldn't hold a candle to Lukaku.

The fact we accept DCL as being good enough to fill his boots shows exactly why we are in 12th in the table - MEDIOCRITY.

What a striker I remember that day well was absolutely buzzing - thought we would really kick on that following season and get CL.

Infuriates me when people rave about DCL - lad couldn't hold a candle to Lukaku.

The fact we accept DCL as being good enough to fill his boots shows exactly why we are in 12th in the table - MEDIOCRITY.
Nobody does.

I have genuinely never seen anybody on here suggest DCL is in the same league as Rom?

It’s mad ain’t it? I know under Martinez our defending was absolutely shocking but we played some great attacking football under him, probably the best I’ve seen supporting this club.

Compare that type of play to the complete and utter dross this current crop are churning out, it’s depressing.

We had a lot of very good players in their peak sprinkled with a few young stars, we really should’ve been better than we were under Martinez. This squad is just overpaid mercenaries that have never been any good.

We had a lot of very good players in their peak sprinkled with a few young stars, we really should’ve been better than we were under Martinez. This squad is just overpaid mercenaries that have never been any good.

As I say I think attacking wise he was really good for us Martinez but he just couldn’t organise us at the back for whatever reason. That season we finished with our highest ever PL points total was some of the best football I’ve ever seen us play. Even when we were a goal or two down you always felt like we were still in the game and could get a few ourselves.

It absolutely depresses me now seeing what we’ve become. Turgid sideways and backwards clueless passes, we don’t even have style of play anymore. No effort, no desire, no passion, no fight, nothing, it’s just turgid garbage. I’ve never detested an Everton team so much in my life.

Do you not rate Dom?

You should have said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back