Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we had a forward like this again.

Infact I wish we had a team like this again. Barry winning the ball in the middle and Barkley playing forward balls like that. Gomes or Davies don’t win the ball and Sigurdsson gets that ball in the middle, he turns around and plays it back to Digne every time.

It's weird seeing that team compared to the one we currently have and in only a few short years.

Lol at people fawning over Rom now, when he got absolute dogs abuse for years by our fans for being "lazy" and having a poor touch.

“He only scores goals” I recall a few years back.

In all honesty though ALL football fans are fickle, I’ve been guilty of criticising certain players who were actually really good for us in the past and come to rue losing them.
As the old saying goes is you don’t realise what you had until it’s gone.

After Lukaku’s departure and Moshiri coming in I don’t think anyone would have foreseen the absolute carnage we’ve had to deal with happening over the last 5 or so years. I suppose it all started by never replacing that 20+ goal a season forward.

As I say I think attacking wise he was really good for us Martinez but he just couldn’t organise us at the back for whatever reason. That season we finished with our highest ever PL points total was some of the best football I’ve ever seen us play. Even when we were a goal or two down you always felt like we were still in the game and could get a few ourselves.

It absolutely depresses me now seeing what we’ve become. Turgid sideways and backwards clueless passes, we don’t even have style of play anymore. No effort, no desire, no passion, no fight, nothing, it’s just turgid garbage. I’ve never detested an Everton team so much in my life.

Absolutely 10000000% this.

“He only scores goals” I recall a few years back.

In all honesty though ALL football fans are fickle, I’ve been guilty of criticising certain players who were actually really good for us in the past and come to rue losing them.
As the old saying goes is you don’t realise what you had until it’s gone.

After Lukaku’s departure and Moshiri coming in I don’t think anyone would have foreseen the absolute carnage we’ve had to deal with happening over the last 5 or so years. I suppose it all started by never replacing that 20+ goal a season forward.

He scored 26 goals in his last season for us.

By far and away the best forward we have had at this club since the 80s. It isn't even close.

And yet loads of our fans hounded him.

There are completely legitimate issues with the club, how we have recruited, how we are run etc. But we also definitely have an issue with our fanbase (I complain a fair bit about it on here). There is a significant number who complain about everything, have no patience and generally make the whole thing less enjoyable. It is like mass self sabotage.

What a striker I remember that day well was absolutely buzzing - thought we would really kick on that following season and get CL.

Infuriates me when people rave about DCL - lad couldn't hold a candle to Lukaku.

The fact we accept DCL as being good enough to fill his boots shows exactly why we are in 12th in the table - MEDIOCRITY.
hats off to you m8, You manage to come up with a new narrative everyday about DCL.

By far and away the best forward we have had at this club since the 80s. It isn't even close.

There are completely legitimate issues with the club, how we have recruited, how we are run etc. But we also definitely have an issue with our fanbase (I complain a fair bit about it on here). There is a significant number who complain about everything, have no patience and generally make the whole thing less enjoyable. It is like mass self sabotage.
Spot on.

I hate us sometimes myself, but the mass of negativity does weigh us down even more.

I might be misremembering this, but I really don't think fans hounded him, we were well aware we had a top top goalscorer at the club and opinions on him were that he was our best striker in the prem era.

I think opinions became a bit lukewarm on him when every international break it seemed his father, raiola and at times himself seemed to be fishing for a move.

In terms of performance, he was barely ever slated.

I might be misremembering this, but I really don't think fans hounded him, we were well aware we had a top top goalscorer at the club and opinions on him were that he was our best striker in the prem era.

I think opinions became a bit lukewarm on him when every international break it seemed his father, raiola and at times himself seemed to be fishing for a move.

In terms of performance, he was barely ever slated.

You're misremembering.

In the ground. In the pub. On here. He got loads of stick.

Same as Barkley.

And Stones.

And look at our team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back