Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're misremembering.

In the ground. In the pub. On here. He got loads of stick.

Same as Barkley.

And Stones.

And look at our team now.

I certainly remember us slating all of these players shortly after they left trying to make out the impact of them leaving would be minimal. Which was obviously nonsense, but completely normal in the heat of the moment when a player leaves.

I really don't think there was much vitriol with these players until they said they wanted to move.

Barkley only really got slated in the Koeman era when his attitude came into question, and he forced a move to chelsea

Stones was considered a very exciting prospect who had mistakes in him. (He's not really moved on to be any better than this, but still better than what we have now)

And tbh with Lukaku I seem to think we were very level headed even when it seemed he wanted to move on, but he went from potential legend to just someone we would enjoy whilst we could.

He scored 26 goals in his last season for us.

By far and away the best forward we have had at this club since the 80s. It isn't even close.

And yet loads of our fans hounded him.

There are completely legitimate issues with the club, how we have recruited, how we are run etc. But we also definitely have an issue with our fanbase (I complain a fair bit about it on here). There is a significant number who complain about everything, have no patience and generally make the whole thing less enjoyable. It is like mass self sabotage.

I think I read somewhere that Richarlison's goal record is just as good? Not sure if true.

A damning indictment of how we've let some of our youngsters down, while giving silk pyjamas to many who didn't deserve it.

That's an odd take. Dowell is decent but nothing special. We've got a fee for a player who under older regimes would have slipped out on a free. He's had inconsistent loan spells at a range of championship clubs and never massively impressed when playing for the first team. Can't see a problem here.

Feel the same way really. Has quality does Dowell, rarely ever given a proper go in the first team.

he had the skill and a beautiful left peg, but had the heart of the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Was never mentally prepared for the big time

The finger needs to be point at the fat mess in charge of our development team and asking why so many are coming through unprepared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back