Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an odd take. Dowell is decent but nothing special. We've got a fee for a player who under older regimes would have slipped out on a free. He's had inconsistent loan spells at a range of championship clubs and never massively impressed when playing for the first team. Can't see a problem here.

Not a couple of years ago. He was fantastic. Certainly better than Davies (and still is now tbh).

he had the skill and a beautiful left peg, but had the heart of the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Was never mentally prepared for the big time

The finger needs to be point at the fat mess in charge of our development team and asking why so many are coming through unprepared

Hard not to agree with that, I am hoping that Wigan take Unsworth and we get someone in who will properly develop the youth instead of prioritising PL2 wins and playing players who have no right to be included.

he had the skill and a beautiful left peg, but had the heart of the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Was never mentally prepared for the big time

The finger needs to be point at the fat mess in charge of our development team and asking why so many are coming through unprepared

100%.

Our kids are no less talented than across the park, but ours are not prepared for the step up. They look brilliant at every age level, and at England age group levels, but are swiftly overtaken by others once they reach senior level. Something isn't right.

Hard not to agree with that, I am hoping that Wigan take Unsworth and we get someone in who will properly develop the youth instead of prioritising PL2 wins and playing players who have no right to be included.

he seems far to concerned with winning the title then having a production line of talent who are physically and mentally prepared for the PL

Players like dowell, who BTW had a left peg that some top pros would love, has come through and looks petrified.

Not a couple of years ago. He was fantastic. Certainly better than Davies (and still is now tbh).

I think fantastic is a stretch. I'm with you on Davies who has stalled now. But when the two first broke onto the scene it was clearly Davies who had the bigger impact and looked more premier league ready and Dowell looked lightweight. Dowell looked better in the u23s but didn't make the jump.

Somewhat revisionist to say that Dowell was always better and at no point did he look "fantastic" in a first team game.

£3mil to bournemouth -- Besic link
Sensible buy for Bournemouth in the championship. Enough to help them get back up and enough to do a job once they come up and not immediately need replacing and may even perform better if he's had a season at the Championship settling in. Everton are a motivated seller, so well worth a cheeky bid from Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back