Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I say I think attacking wise he was really good for us Martinez but he just couldn’t organise us at the back for whatever reason. That season we finished with our highest ever PL points total was some of the best football I’ve ever seen us play. Even when we were a goal or two down you always felt like we were still in the game and could get a few ourselves.

It absolutely depresses me now seeing what we’ve become. Turgid sideways and backwards clueless passes, we don’t even have style of play anymore. No effort, no desire, no passion, no fight, nothing, it’s just turgid garbage. I’ve never detested an Everton team so much in my life.
Yeah.. just like Martinez’s last 2 seasons...50 passes to get to the halfway line from the keeper..all downhill from there.

No way Unsworth is deemed unsackable. The guy needs to go out and manage though the unambitious carthorse.

I think his ship has sailed after he was caretaker, that showed to me he didn't want to manage as he should have said look ive had a taste. but was happy back in the reserves.

Praying Wigan are the ones to convince him to move on tbh.

Be interested in the Dowell fee, as someone else said its pure profit, year to go on his contract, looks a good move for him, but hopefully we got 3+ for him. That said reduces the wage bill and we likely have picked up a few loan fees for his over the years, still he posted more the competent numbers in the championship in some of his moves.

I must have voted ironically that day too then

Just so you know I'm not making it up:

Really think recency bias is causing you to forget how good Davies looked when he first came through.
I know he's not playing well now but there's a reason why he has been given a big chance and lots of faith. Admittedly it's been clear for quite a while now that he's not the player we hoped he could be, but that doesn't mean that he has always been crap or that the club was wrong to give him a shot.

Its supposed to a production line, ours is a completely separate business.

if that’s true brands was told he’s unsackable then it’s a farce and proves the old boys network is still strong

At one point Unsworth was in the running for the Oxford job and there were rumours that BK told him not to take it and wait for another chance here.

Really exciting how Brands came in and sorted out the academy like he was famed for doing at other clubs.

Oh wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back