Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's a smart idea for some of the slightly older lads who have been out on loan, Pennington I think will go.
Pennington stunk the place out for Hull City, playing his part in a team that finished bottom of the Championship.
Nothing whatsoever against the lad, but I cant see too many queueing up for his signature.

Pennington stunk the place out for Hull City, playing his part in a team that finished bottom of the Championship.
Nothing whatsoever against the lad, but I cant see too many queueing up for his signature.

There'll always be someone he's been out on loan plenty - Leeds loved him. he might just not have fitted in at hull.

Wonder if Beni, Broadhead and Connolly are on the block too.

Its a pity Leeds weren't promoted the year he was there. I always wondered why we didn't try and send him back there, he did well by all accounts. But they had White this year so fair enough.

Really exciting how Brands came in and sorted out the academy like he was famed for doing at other clubs.

Oh wait....

lWhen Brands arrived Dowell was already 20 mate. What exactly did you want him to do with him? He's loaned him out to get as much first team experience as possible and he's had mixed success, and now he's got a fee for him.
People really are just looking for any reasons they can to criticise. Not EVERYTHING the club does is wrong.

As I say I think attacking wise he was really good for us Martinez but he just couldn’t organise us at the back for whatever reason. That season we finished with our highest ever PL points total was some of the best football I’ve ever seen us play. Even when we were a goal or two down you always felt like we were still in the game and could get a few ourselves.

It absolutely depresses me now seeing what we’ve become. Turgid sideways and backwards clueless passes, we don’t even have style of play anymore. No effort, no desire, no passion, no fight, nothing, it’s just turgid garbage. I’ve never detested an Everton team so much in my life.

Dont know what side you were watching but I remember Martinez time in charge at Everton very differently. I remember sitting in the stands board while our team played 600 passes to get it into our opponents half. I remember some of the worst teams I've ever seen in this league beat us because we had no idea how to break down a team. All we did was pass it sideways and backwards under martinez.

Any good attacking play came from the individual talent of lukaku and Barkley. If it wasn't for them two we would of gotten relagated under martinez.

It depresses you to see what this club has become? Well dont forget it's Martinez that put us here. We've never recovered from what he did to our club. He destroyed the atmosphere at goodison and he broke the dressing room.

Under moyes once you put on the royal blue shirt the minimum was 100%. That's what we as a fan base demanded and that's what the players new was demanded of them or they didn't play. Martinez eked that out of the club over the course of three seasons till there was nothing left. No pride for wearing the shirt, no fight in the team just board players being watched by board fans.

What Martinez did was essentially erase everything moyes did and take us right back to Walter Smith era.

Sorry for the rant but I just really hate Martinez lol

Just so you know I'm not making it up:

Really think recency bias is causing you to forget how good Davies looked when he first came through.
I know he's not playing well now but there's a reason why he has been given a big chance and lots of faith. Admittedly it's been clear for quite a while now that he's not the player we hoped he could be, but that doesn't mean that he has always been crap or that the club was wrong to give him a shot.

Davies was superb when he first broke through. He was the biggest plus point of the red Christmas tree golfers' 1st season in charge.

I have no idea what has happened, but he has gotten progressively worse each season.
I think somewhere, the desire to win seems to be lost from our players. I don't know why this is.
We have had many theories, even the fans have been accused of being the problem. Yet we have had 9 games behind closed doors, and Tom could hardly pass the ball correctly at times. Something that should be effortless to a professional midfielder at this level.

I really wanted Davies to be a success here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back