Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
lWhen Brands arrived Dowell was already 20 mate. What exactly did you want him to do with him? He's loaned him out to get as much first team experience as possible and he's had mixed success, and now he's got a fee for him.
People really are just looking for any reasons they can to criticise. Not EVERYTHING the club does is wrong.
according to the editors on thr football rumours sites, mosh had been taking advice from special advisors over brands so until this point in time i wouldnt judge brands on anything thats happened in the past.

THE HIT LIST
Delph
Sigurdsson
Schneiderlin
Stekelenberg
Niasse
Martina

Pickford
Bernard
Tosun
Sandro
Bolasie
Davies (loan)
Pennington
Keane OR Mina
Dowell
Besic
Baningime
Adeniran (loan)
Some list of garbage that and to think we’ve paid well over 100m to have them here.

Are we really ripping into the academy right now just after Gordon has come in and been our best attacker, Richarlison aside?

Truth is that not many kids will make it to the level we want to be at, that’s all.

to be fair to Gordon, he actual tooks steps himself during lockdown IIRC. Got a PT and tried to bulk up a bit; that sounds like a development issue IMO

Dont know what side you were watching but I remember Martinez time in charge at Everton very differently. I remember sitting in the stands board while our team played 600 passes to get it into our opponents half. I remember some of the worst teams I've ever seen in this league beat us because we had no idea how to break down a team. All we did was pass it sideways and backwards under martinez.

Any good attacking play came from the individual talent of lukaku and Barkley. If it wasn't for them two we would of gotten relagated under martinez.

It depresses you to see what this club has become? Well dont forget it's Martinez that put us here. We've never recovered from what he did to our club. He destroyed the atmosphere at goodison and he broke the dressing room.

Under moyes once you put on the royal blue shirt the minimum was 100%. That's what we as a fan base demanded and that's what the players new was demanded of them or they didn't play. Martinez eked that out of the club over the course of three seasons till there was nothing left. No pride for wearing the shirt, no fight in the team just board players being watched by board fans.

What Martinez did was essentially erase everything moyes did and take us right back to Walter Smith era.

Sorry for the rant but I just really hate Martinez lol

Replacing him with the biggest, disinterested mercenary manager imaginable didn't help either. That lead to Sam Allardyce and then Silva.
What an unbelievable, downward spiral that is. :(

to be fair to Gordon, he actual tooks steps himself during lockdown IIRC. Got a PT and tried to bulk up a bit; that sounds like a development issue IMO
I’d like to think someone may have advised him to do that but regardless he seems a really driven, self motivated lad so maybe he would’ve come through regardless. My point is though if we have one or two knocking on the door from the academy each season that’s about as good as it gets normally

according to the editors on thr football rumours sites, mosh had been taking advice from special advisors over brands so until this point in time i wouldnt judge brands on anything thats happened in the past.

Got any links to those stories? Would be interested to see

I’ll agree with 2 because I still love Bernie

Me too :( but Ancellotti clearly isn't a fan at all. And as mentioned in that thread I started a while back, nearly everyone on that list is drawing a wage for zero first team impact. Insane way to run a business and club.

he had the skill and a beautiful left peg, but had the heart of the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Was never mentally prepared for the big time

The finger needs to be point at the fat mess in charge of our development team and asking why so many are coming through unprepared

It was the Tin Man who didn't have a heart...

STOP GETTING OZ WRONG!

I’d like to think someone may have advised him to do that but regardless he seems a really driven, self motivated lad so maybe he would’ve come through regardless. My point is though if we have one or two knocking on the door from the academy each season that’s about as good as it gets normally

he’s really driven, doing that proves it. But this is my issue, FF is a top facility and everything is there. It should be part of his development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back