Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because City are a top club who players don’t need much convincing to join.
Whereas we ......aren’t.
City is a top club yes...but they have a plan...they needed to replace Sane for a while, did their homework and got their player. Same for Ake...needed a cb did the homework and here we go...decisive and align to the philosophy of guardiola style of play. In contrast we're hesitant moving for players that dont want to join us unless they have no other option or big pay cheque...we need to be more ruthless in our approach.

Stones is being replace by Ake. That is not a vote of confidence by Pep.
I think Stones will have to leave as he cannot continue in the international team if he can't get into his club side.
But, if should not be us that tries to sign him.

I'd play him in midfield ahead of any of our current players.

City dont mess around with signings...complete opposite to us...Ferran and Ake are 2 superb signings for reasonable fees. Everton/Brand will only start to sign mediocre players closer to the end of the window...and we will have another season of disappointments...anyhow its summer and its sunny!!!
City’s season hasn’t even finished yet as well.

City dont mess around with signings...complete opposite to us...Ferran and Ake are 2 superb signings for reasonable fees. Everton/Brand will only start to sign mediocre players closer to the end of the window...and we will have another season of disappointments...anyhow its summer and its sunny!!!

Hahahaha, imagine if we spent 40m on Ake.

Come on Eggs Zaha is miles better than Iwobi kin im better than Iwobi!

Also we are but our aspirations are to be a top team - new £500 million stadium on the horizon, Usmanov in the background throwing money at us

Palace on the otherhand lets face it are a smaller London outfit happy to stay up every season - Iwobi would be fine for them whereas for us we want an upgrade to move us further.

....I just think it’s a bit patronising, especially when a team have finished in similar position to us.

I’m not in the least a Zaha fan, so I wouldn’t be looking to bring him in any circumstance. I’d much prefer Denis Bouanga, but it’s not me that matters.

The meltdown over Zaha I find funny, He’s clearly said he’s looking for a champions league move. We’ve just finished 12th, are no where near Europe and haven’t won a pot in 30 years. I’d be very surprised if Zaha has even considered taking the sideways step to Everton in the prime years of his career.

More than likely. I find it funny that a lot of our fans sneer over players for possible transfers then they go move to bigger clubs anyway.
So if you hold an opinion on a certain player and he ends up joining a 'bigger club', you're opinion instantly becomes null and void.

What strange logic, it's OK to be of the opinion that Naathan Ake isn't worth 40m.

The meltdown over Zaha I find funny, He’s clearly said he’s looking for a champions league move. We’ve just finished 12th, are no where near Europe and haven’t won a pot in 30 years. I’d be very surprised if Zaha has even considered taking the sideways step to Everton in the prime years of his career.

....be interesting which Champions League club want him. He’s failed at Manchester United, the likes of Celtic or a Turkish club might take a plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back