Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard that City were after a Bournemouth player I immediately thought it must be Brooks. Glad it wasn't -- Brooks is the sort of young, energetic, talent we need at Everton. Another is the Burnley lad, O'Neill. Them two plus Sarr from Watford would do me just fine.

I thought they would have gone for koulibaly myself.

They're after both, the want a left sided (Ake) and Koulibaly... the latter is taking longer due to Napoli's president being a slightly mental.

Think they will end up with both, Laporte even though good is made of paper. they need 2 more defenders.

When I heard that City were after a Bournemouth player I immediately thought it must be Brooks. Glad it wasn't -- Brooks is the sort of young, energetic, talent we need at Everton. Another is the Burnley lad, O'Neill. Them two plus Sarr from Watford would do me just fine.
I agree there good players. But will come at a premium price. We need midfielders urgently. If we start the season with the midfield we just finished with we are in big big trouble

The meltdown over Zaha I find funny, He’s clearly said he’s looking for a champions league move. We’ve just finished 12th, are no where near Europe and haven’t won a pot in 30 years. I’d be very surprised if Zaha has even considered taking the sideways step to Everton in the prime years of his career.

He can dream of a CL team all he wants, but hes not good enough to play at that level.

Id 100% be in for Brooks, I do feel like we missed the chance, and perfect opportunity when we where heavily linked with him at Sheff Utd.

So if you hold an opinion on a certain player and he ends up joining a 'bigger club', you're opinion instantly becomes null and void.

What strange logic, it's OK to be of the opinion that Naathan Ake isn't worth 40m.
Not necessarily. I mean more the "nah he's gash" shouts which are clearly over the top. Hence why I said sneering.

I'm not saying he is worth £40m either.

....be interesting which Champions League club want him. He’s failed at Manchester United, the likes of Celtic or a Turkish club might take a plunge.
Celtic haven’t got £40m and £100k a week mate.
In fact, if they sold the entire club it wouldn’t cover a 4 year contract for Zaha, but he would rip it up playing against farmers each week.

Why are we selling Dowell when Davies isn't fit enough to peg his underwear on the line? get rid of goldilocks ffs
If Davies isn’t out on loan somewhere next year I’d be very worried. The lad needs to develop his game elsewhere to be a premier league footballer.

....I just think it’s a bit patronising, especially when a team have finished in similar position to us.

I’m not in the least a Zaha fan, so I wouldn’t be looking to bring him in any circumstance. I’d much prefer Denis Bouanga, but it’s not me that matters.

I wouldn't say its patronising - we finished above Utd under Martinez yet they signed Fellaini off us and are still a much bigger club.

There is a reason why Ancelotti is our manager and Woy is theirs and ultimately its down to size of club & ambition.

Palace just haven't the finances to be looking to complete with the top 6/7 whereas FFP aside we do - therefore for me our targets will naturally be different hence them loaning Tosun from us who we deem not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back