Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not?

Bernard is on 140k a week.

Seems quite the draw to me.
No, if I’m honest we are a mid table premier league club that pays massive wages. Although Bernard is a decent player he’s mid table standard and he’s currently getting touted to be sold on here. £140k to sit on the bench is a waste if I’m honest. There’s only two players on our whole squad that gets in the top 6 squads, Richarlinson/Digne and Richarlinson wants off.

No, if I’m honest we are a mid table premier league club that pays massive wages. Although Bernard is a decent player he’s mid table standard and he’s currently getting touted to be sold on here. £140k to sit on the bench is a waste if I’m honest. There’s only two players on our whole squad that gets in the top 6 squads, Richarlinson/Digne and Richarlinson wants off.

But still, if his choice is stay at Palace or come to Everton, hes picking Everton.

David Brooks is a decent little player.

But hes nowhere near the level required.
We can not afford or attract players of that level it makes no matter if Carlo is are manager or not. The level of player we would all like have never heard of Everton. We are a middle of the league team look at some of the teams that have won silver wear since we last did.. players like Brooks, Sarr are the best we could attract at the moment.. It hurts me to say but after 62 yes of going to watch my beloved blues, we are now just a small club with past history.

Will be a very good signing for City. A solid defender, something they needed.

How is the leader of a defence that conceded 70+ goals a season and got relagated "a solid defender"?

I personally think he's a crap over rated midget. A worse version of stones.

I know pep has a bad history of buying players but I though at city they would have someone holding his hand.

If ake is worth 40m then holgate is worth 80m because he's twice the player.

There hasn't been for years. Maddison went for 30m 2 years ago and had 0 top flight experience. The whole "relegated teams sell cheaper" hasn't been the case for a while now.
I was really linking it to people saying that value would be available in the market with covid-19 and that relegated teams would have been particularly susceptible to having to take lower than usual offers

I wouldn't say its patronising - we finished above Utd under Martinez yet they signed Fellaini off us and are still a much bigger club.

There is a reason why Ancelotti is our manager and Woy is theirs and ultimately its down to size of club & ambition.

Palace just haven't the finances to be looking to complete with the top 6/7 whereas FFP aside we do - therefore for me our targets will naturally be different hence them loaning Tosun from us who we deem not good enough.

...I don’t disagree with your reasoning, we are a bigger club. I just think it’s a bit patronising doing other clubs down especially when we have failed to achieve ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back