Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Gueye, Allan, Barkley, James, some combination of those four.

Gueye, Allan and Barkley would be a hell of a central midfield three! It would move us right up the table, no doubt! Add two quality wingers and we would be in serious business! Not sure how likely it is though, especially with all the crying about Barkley.

I personally think we should be looking to sell both Mina and Keane in addition to all the other wank, and replace them with Gabriel and Thiago Silva.

We'd only be missing a RB and a goalkeeper then.

Gueye, Allan and Barkley would be a hell of a central midfield three! It would move us right up the table, no doubt! Add two quality wingers and we would be in serious business! Not sure how likely it is though, especially with all the crying about Barkley.

I personally think we should be looking to sell both Mina and Keane in addition to all the other wank, and replace them with Gabriel and Thiago Silva.

We'd only be missing a RB and a goalkeeper then.
Id rather rub my nob on a cheese grater than have Barkley back the block headed sweaty lipped freak.

I'd rather have a midfielder that is capable of playing a throughball so that we can score more goals.
So why would you want Barkley a player who never gets his head up?

There is not a chance on earth I would accept him back after the way he shafted the club out of a fee and sat there all winter pretending to be injured so he could get his move In Jan.

That is not the type of player I could support.

There is not a chance on earth I would accept him back after the way he shafted the club out of a fee and sat there all winter pretending to be injured so he could get his move In Jan.

Yeah was a disgrace the way he engineered that move.

Would be bad enough for a foreign player with no affiliation to do it, but a local lad supposedly playing for the team he loves? Disgraceful

Reckon we’ll be sticking with 4-4-2 next season fellas?

4-3-3 / 4-5-1

4-4-2 has ran it's course for us, at least in a progressive sense, could well see us lining up that way when we go away to a place were we need to be hard to break down.

Phil Kirkbride doing his Q&A session over at the Echo (I know), basically saying sell to buy and cutting the wage bill etc.

Im a little more optimistic then that i think we have head room to spend 60 mill - not that i think we will.

Last edited:
Yeah was a disgrace the way he engineered that move.

Would be bad enough for a foreign player with no affiliation to do it, but a local lad supposedly playing for the team he loves? Disgraceful
We got a fee for Rooney and we were a really bad team at that time, Barkley was in a much better team and purposely shafted the club out of a fee.

I genuinely hate him.

We got a fee for Rooney and we were a really bad team at that time, Barkley was in a much better team and purposely shafted the club out of a fee.

I genuinely hate him.

If he had just left in the summer for the 30 / 35 mil or whatever it was, people would have understood a bit more and not given him such a hard time.

No excuse for shafting the club that made you out of top dollar tho

Because I can remember him playing very well in the number 10 role, playing countless throughballs to forwards. I think it was back when we were reaching the Semi-Finals of the league cup and FA Cup in the same season.

If you think Barkley was the mastermind behind his delayed transfer fee then that is up to you. The truth is that he had a medical, they found out that he was injured, and everyone on the buying side realised there was no point in paying 30 million now, when he's going to be injured for 6 months and we can get him cheaper in 6 months time.

Everton would do the same given the opportunity. I know that we are the nicest club in the whole wide world, but we aren't that nice. Moyes was always trying to get players on the absolute cheap.

He could have left for absolutely nothing like thousands of other players have done if he had left it a further six months.

Phil Kirkbride doing his Q&A session over at the Echo ( know), basically saying sell to buy and cutting the wage bill etc.

Im a little more optimistic then that i think we have head room to spend 60 mill - not that i think we will.

He obviously has some people feeding him information, but I doubt they even know what’s really going on. A lot of guess work from Phil, as he did say Hwang from Salzburg was our top target.

never mentioned the Mina injury, was first tweeted by Paul Joyce 5 days after it happened.

Im still Not having That you employ Ancelotti and don’t back him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back