Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gives you some work to do on your squad analysis thread.

We'll have cash in a kitty but will need to cull players from the bloated squad.

I doubt we have cash in a kitty.

Our revenues dropped, our wage bill didn't by the same amount.

This is the problem when you want to sell everybody, the money we get wont replace them.

@MarcelsGoat

From your thread, 8 centre midfielders:

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

Baningime seems to be off to blackpool
Connolly + Besic likely sold/loaned.

Lets say we sell Davies as well.

Weve gone from 8 players to:
Gbamin
Gomes
Sigurdsson
Delph

Big difference and hopefully one or two of them sold as well and we bring in 2 new centre midfielders.
I am ok with us going down to just Gbamin and Gomes tbh if it meant getting rid of everyone else on that list.

£12m for Davies. I'd squeeze it until fell off.

• Selling Davies for £12m would give valuable funds to reinvest in the squad
  • It would also have a positive effect on our balance sheet
  • There's a possibility it might unsettle Dominic Calvert-Lewin, but he would probably understand because "that's football"

Fernandinho 35 yrs old, signed for Man City 7 years ago at the age of 28 for £34 million ( thats over 100 mil with crazy footie inflation in todays money )
9 months younger than Allan then.

If we got 6 years out of Allan and we were successful enough to challenge at the top & keep most of our better players , would you not consider that good business ?
I would, I also question how likely that is to happen. I mean City had just won the title when they did the Fernandinho thing.

• Selling Davies for £12m would give valuable funds to reinvest in the squad
  • It would also have a positive effect on our balance sheet
  • There's a possibility it might unsettle Dominic Calvert-Lewin, but he would probably understand because "that's football"

I think my favourite reason someone offered for keeping Davies this summer was that he is good friends with DCL and Holgate.

I am ok with us going down to just Gbamin and Gomes tbh if it meant getting rid of everyone else on that list.

£12m for Davies. I'd squeeze it until fell off.

Its similar at CB where we had Holgate, Mina, Keane and then brought Branthwaite in as a 4th option. Id try and sell everyone bar Gbamin and bring 3 replacements in.

Failing that then yeah Gbamin + Gomes + 2 more new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back