Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope.

You guys are underselling how hard this is. Leicester won the title. The last time a team not in the current "Big 6" finished top four before that? Us in 2005. This is a massive uphill battle. Maybe it could be done quickly but it is far more likely that a slow, gradual, year on year improvement is what will be necessary to make it up the slopes.

Bit of an oxymoron that, it used to be top four up to a couple of years ago.

Bit of an oxymoron that, it used to be top four up to a couple of years ago.
Somebody else brought that up too. Name is irrelevant. If you want to say Spurs didn't count until Poch and City until the sheikhs it takes away like the two appearances from Spurs with the Bale and Van der bart type teams. So the point holds.

Somebody else brought that up too. Name is irrelevant. If you want to say Spurs didn't count until Poch and City until the sheikhs it takes away like the two appearances from Spurs with the Bale and Van der bart type teams. So the point holds.

Hmm I wouldn’t agree myself, its been more fluid I think over recent football history, I can remember a top two, then top four, now a big six over a relatively short peice of top English football history, that in itself shows a level of dynamic change within CL qualification and clubs breaking the glass ceiling. I can remember Blackburn, Newcastle and Leicester all playing CL, while we were finishing ahead of Mordor and Spurs annually not so long ago. The glass ceiling itself sometimes can be a mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back