Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of like Martinez landing the Belgium job.

Marco Silva next permanent Bayern Munich manager confirmed

It is a bit mental that our last few managers* have also been at / will be at:

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Paris Saint-Germain
Juventus
Milan
Manchester United
Chelsea
Netherlands
Belgium

Even if it mainly goes wrong for us, and I'm ignoring many unglamorous sides, it does at least suggest we're fishing in the right ponds. Except the pond we dragged Allardyce out of.

*Granted, mostly Carlo.

Anyone know who this Charles Stevenson is on Twitter? Talks as though he’s ITK but it’s just negativity at the same time!
All I know mate is he's a genuine liar.

During the Moise Kean saga he said he was at an Everton event and he was told by Darren Griffiths that Kean was in the building and they were hoping to "get him out on the grass" where the invitees were.

It transpired that Kean wasn't even in the country.

I don’t disagree, I can imagine a few will sniff for him, it depends on the deal players capable of double digits in the PL will always be sought after.

I think it would depend on the deal for us. Though it’s hard to know what Carlo will do system wise, I wouldn’t put a lot of money on him just going 4-4-2, he may in a new season go a different way. He certainly doesn’t seem in a rush to get rid of Gylfi, anything but.
I agree he could be useful for us if we move towards having a 10. Having decent CMs who take the pressure of Gylfi might allow him to stay in forward areas where he can be effective. Having him sit deep is just a nightmare though.

Yeah I agree with you.However ,none of us were complaining at the time.Shows how much we know.

You speak for yourself mate. Many questioned them. I certainly questioned bolasi and pickford. Siggy i questioned the ridiculous price. Sandro i never knew much about. And klassen. Well i didnt question it bit the alarm bells were ringing when i read a dutch journalist write Everton have paid double what klassen is worth..
Koemans been an awful club manager. I cant see him lasting long there.

I agree he could be useful for us if we move towards having a 10. Having decent CMs who take the pressure of Gylfi might allow him to stay in forward areas where he can be effective. Having him sit deep is just a nightmare though.
The problem with Sigurdsson anywhere near a 10 is that he ISN'T a 10. You look at their average position at the end of a match, Glyfi is almost always the one most forward. He's not supplying opportunities for the peolpe in front of him, he's the one looking to score. That's not a 10.

The problem with Sigurdsson anywhere near a 10 is that he ISN'T a 10. You look at their average position at the end of a match, Glyfi is almost always the one most forward. He's not supplying opportunities for the peolpe in front of him, he's the one looking to score. That's not a 10.

Correct, he’s a distinctly bang average second striker who has blagged a career being compared favourably to strikers or midfielders as it suits. ‘He doesn’t affect the midfield’ - ‘he’s not supposed to he’s a forward’. ‘He doesn’t score enough’ - ‘he’s not supposed to he’s a midfielder’. Round and round that goes because until recently not many wanted to admit that he’s a complete and utter travesty of a footballer in any position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back