Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine a couple years ago saying Martinez got the job of one of the best national teams in the world, Koeman got the Barca job and we ended up with Carlo Ancelotti. You’d have assumed that we were a consistently great team challenging for league titles not in fear of a relegation battle every second season. Christ how’s it all gone so wrong recently.

Koeman>Martinez.

Weren’t we still paying bloaty head some sort of settlement while he was manager of Holland, will that stop now.

also he was a terrible manager and a horrible arrogant prick who almost destroyed our club along with the jarg rick stein

Koeman>Martinez.
Not a chance. Martinez deserved the sack at the time but I’d have loved to see what he could’ve done with 2 or 3 big transfer windows behind him with Moshiri’s money, most positive I’ve felt about the club in my lifetime and let himself down with defending and playing needless suicidal football at times.

Koeman on the other hand was thoroughly awful, his only saving grace was he inherited Lukaku and was allowed to spend. That spending then set the club back 10 years or more and we’re still feeling the effects of it. Koeman is one of the worst managers the club has ever had, by far the worst since Moyes left. At least Big Sam came in and did the job asked of him, he didn’t actually “deserve” sacking but obviously we had to if we had any ambition as a football club. Silva was let down by players I feel but still not good enough himself. Koeman and Walsh though, they’re almost the sole reason the club is how it is now and not challenging for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back