Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arias would need to be on really cheap fee to justify it. In my eyes, he couldn't be viewed as a long-term successor to Coleman.

He is an average player, a safe signing but nothing that would mark any real progression at RB or for the team and squad as a whole.

We'd need to sell Kenny as well, it would be clear he has no future here if Arias signs.

Steve Nicol doesn't think it matters whether a centreback is left or right footed.

It doesn't really.

Vidic and Ferdinand, Terry and Carvalho were all right footed. They were just great defenders in a partnership.

Centre backs are all about partnerships rather than their skillset or what foot they're comfortable on IMO.

Arias would need to be on really cheap fee to justify it. In my eyes, he couldn't be viewed as a long-term successor to Coleman.

He is an average player, a safe signing but nothing that would mark any real progression at RB or for the team and squad as a whole.

We'd need to sell Kenny as well, it would be clear he has no future here if Arias signs.

The only way a deal for Arias makes sense to me is if its on loan and were selling Kenny.

No problem with bringing in average players on loan deals for a season while we sell off players this summer to release wages/funds.

Id be quite disappointed if we signed him on a permanent deal. Would make no sense to me at all.

It doesn't really.

Vidic and Ferdinand, Terry and Carvalho were all right footed. They were just great defenders in a partnership.

Centre backs are all about partnerships rather than their skillset or what foot they're comfortable on IMO.
It would however be nice if our LCB was capable of playing a pass on his left foot without the recipient having an acre of space.

We can’t go out and nail our first choice target in every position given the constraints we have. If Arias gives us a competent right back for a few seasons which in turn allows us to fix the midfield then that is a far better position than blowing our money on our long term right back option and starting next season with Sigurdsson and Davies in midfield.

Steve Nicol doesn't think it matters whether a centreback is left or right footed.
It doesn't really.

From watching our players...Holgate ALWAYS turns inside on the ball as hes frequently played on the left because Keane cant play that side.

So if we want Holgate to develop then it would be far better to bring in a left footed centre back alongside him.

Mina also seems better on the right and didnt look good for Barca when left sided either.

Ideally we'd have Holgate/Mina (right) Gabriel/Branthwaite (left)

Would be a brilliant signing and key position for us to strengthen.

I think Brands came in with that remit, but it appears that we've gone in a different route. Spending on more known players. Not sure if that's Moshiri or Ancelotti's influence..

Thats my worry with the whole Brands appointment. I know his job is much more than what we think, day to day etc, re-shaping the academy system and being the point person on deals etc. But I did hope we would bring in similar types that Ajax and AZ do / did, young un-tested cheaper players.

Tbf bought that polish keeper, the left back from France and the young lad we pipped celtic too, as well as branthwaite last Jan.

They're not covered because they're bought initially for the u23s but like branthwaite can quickly be in the first team

I get those mate, and we always made those types of signings.

I mean the senior squads, cheaper early 20 year olds. LIke Lille are doing, many of the Italian clubs do, Leipzip for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back