Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'll get some flack for typing this, but Danny Ings is a great goal scorer, we should go in for him.

I also can't understand the Arias link─I'm sure he's a decent player but I'd rather give Kenny another year, a local lad on a lower wage, unless the manager is thinking of shifting Coleman? I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

I cant see us letting Coleman go right after Baines left, theres enough of a leadership problem without losing our captain as well as our vice captain.

Don’t agree, we need a captain desperately, a leader and a bit of a nark, we haven’t had anything close since Pip Neville and he wasn’t the best of players either.

As annoying as he is, when I look at Liverpool, I always see Robertson in the refs face. Henderson too for that matter.

Something as small as doing that can easily get you a few extra points over the course of the year. It's absolutely no shock that we roll over so often when we've had no proper fighters in the team since probably Barry or McCarthy. When was the last time we had a player who was just dirty, did the basics but commanded fear?

I don't think it's much to ask, that if Gomes or someone sprays a ball out of play, he has a captain in his ear telling him to sort it out.

Pep could be thinking along the lines of; we loan them Foden and they will end up beating some of the Sky Scum giving Man City the opportunity to challenge Liverpool for the title.

Actually, if we buy a proper keeper we could be challenging Liverpool.

trouble is pep would have to loan us KDB, Sterling, Fernandinho, Sergio and Foden and we might be able to snatch a draw against the RS.

Don’t agree, we need a captain desperately, a leader and a bit of a nark, we haven’t had anything close since Pip Neville and he wasn’t the best of players either.

We do, but Coleman is still one of the senior leadership figures in the squad and letting him go right after Baines, another hugely influential figure, doesn't make sense when we're already desperately struggling for leaders.

Reminds me of something my old fella told me about our signing of Fred Pickering Eggs,now Fred was an excellent player for us but my old man reckoned we should also have signed inside forward Bryan Douglas from Blackburn who was a great foil for Fred apparently :)

...Douglas was terrific, Matey, your Dad knows his footballers. Pickering‘s scoring record for us was fantastic, we can only guess what difference Douglas would’ve made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back