Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair we know what he means.. first team starters.. both Branthwaite and Nkounkou were signed as youth players.. B played because if a series of injuries and N was recruited for the future.. so we never know the youth players that come in. B looks like a real coup and time will tell on N.

But these two are very promising so maybe I'm being greedy too wanting to sign the next Lozano, Richy or Dembele as their first step on road to stardom.. not the 2nd or third. First team straight in.. not 2 years down the track

I think it's very hard these days to just pluck someone, obscure for the first team. I mean woudl Digne not fit into this camp? Bombed at PSG and Barca.

to be fair we know what he means.. first team starters.. both Branthwaite and Nkounkou were signed as youth players.. B played because if a series of injuries and N was recruited for the future.. so we never know the youth players that come in. B looks like a real coup and time will tell on N.

But these two are very promising so maybe I'm being greedy too wanting to sign the next Lozano, Richy or Dembele as their first step on road to stardom.. not the 2nd or third. First team straight in.. not 2 years down the track

This is very difficult tho.

Those type of players usually need a season or two in a lower standard league before theyre ready for the prem.

If they signed straight here from South America, without going to Ajax for example, then they'd get a lot less game time and probably not develop the same, so its a catch 22

I think it's very hard these days to just pluck someone, obscure for the first team. I mean woudl Digne not fit into this camp? Bombed at PSG and Barca.
Most of the top young talents are being taken on by the likes of Dortmund and co. Difficult to compete with regular CL footy and a decent chance of winning things.

Florenzi was above average but after his injury...its another Coleman situation.

Arias i just think is average and if were going for a right back then Emerson (Barca) Aarons (Norwich) and others are available this window. Id rather we went and got in a long term player there.

To pay money for either of those two makes no sense...a loan a bit disappointing as well.

Florenzi was above average but after his injury...its another Coleman situation.

Arias i just think is average and if were going for a right back then Emerson (Barca) Aarons (Norwich) and others are available this window. Id rather we went and got in a long term player there.

To pay money for either of those two makes no sense...a loan a bit disappointing as well.

I suspect we have to prioritise what we can do, and whether we want to tie capital up in a right back at this point.

I suspect we have to prioritise what we can do, and whether we want to tie capital up in a right back at this point.

Thats why im keen to see the Allan / Doucoure fees if we sign them.

Gabriel + Emerson + Sarr would be players to add on but it seems like were not keen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back