Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was surprised when United went in for Wan Bissaka as I really liked Dalot. He's great going forward, can beat a man and put in a good cross. If we are going to play without wingers, as some suggest, this lad on the right with Digne on the left would be a cracking full back pairing.

Imagine we could get him cheap as well.

He's going to Borussia Dortmund not Aberdeen mate. He will spend two years at the best developmental club in Europe and either come back to Madrid ready to take the mantle from Kroos and Modric or be moved on at a reasonable price.

And no we didn't dodge a bullet. Very much the opposite at this point. Any player Dortmund want we should want.
For £30m we would have needed him to start straight away. We can't afford that sort of money on a prospect to loan out for 2 years. Look at the way some of the fans on here have reacted to the fact that Kean hasn't been an instant success. That's what I mean by dodged a bullet.

And what's all the crap about Aberdeen FFS. I actually said in my post that Dortmund was the best place he could have gone on loan. I was questioning why the loan was for 2 years and whether it was because he needed a lot more development that they had expected.

I'd completely forgotten how much utter bollox you spout and why I put you in ignore in the first place. lol

Yep, we won 1-0 with Linderoth getting his only goal I think. McFadden was superb that night as well and a few days later he was superb against Leeds.

Genuinely thought we had purchased a quality player. He wasn't woeful by any stretch and scored some cracking goals, but certainly didn't live up to those early standards he set
Nope
Stockport was 3-0
Charlton was the 1-0 linderoth game ;)

For £30m we would have needed him to start straight away. We can't afford that sort of money on a prospect to loan out for 2 years. Look at the way some of the fans on here have reacted to the fact that Kean hasn't been an instant success. That's what I mean by dodged a bullet.

And what's all the crap about Aberdeen FFS. I actually said in my post that Dortmund was the best place he could have gone on loan. I was questioning why the loan was for 2 years and whether it was because he needed a lot more development that they had expected.

I'd completely forgotten how much utter bollox you spout and why I put you in ignore in the first place. lol
I don't think anyone interpreted your original post the way you've just explained it but if this is what you meant I agree.

Jesus.

Did we dodge a bullet there? (if we were ever in for him in the first place)

Honestly thought this kid was so good he would be ready to be let loose on La Ligue next season. It's not so much that he has gone to Dortmund on loan I'm surprised at, there probably aren't many places better for young players to go. It's that it is a 2 year deal.

They obviously believe he has a lot of developing still to do. He cost Real a lot of money back in January

Well they did exactly that with Hakimi who was probably one of the best right-backs in Europe last season and will probably be a brilliant player for Inter.

Madrid can do that and just not care. They're fully packed in midfield and play a 4-3-3 under Zidane – he is more of a 10 IIRC.

They have Hazard, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Asensio, Vazquez for the wide positions, and Isco, Kroos, Valverde (who is superb, Modric, James, Casemiro etc for the middle.

They probably have seen the success of Hakimi and reckon they can do the same here. As another poster has said, he either develops into a brilliant player for Madrid, or they can sell him on - whether he's played brilliantly like Hakimi has or if he's struggled. But given it's the Bundesliga, in one of the best teams, then it's the right place for him to be.

I think he'd have been another Kean mate...he would have had a season with us to adapt and then the next season (this one for kean) to show he has adapted and can prove hes got what we expected.

Reinier wouldnt have much chance at Madrid so sent to Dortmund who will have 2 years to build him up. If he came to us we would be giving him a year max.

With these signings they need time to see if their talent can be adjusted to suit our game and the real ceiling of how good they can be.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Well they did exactly that with Hakimi who was probably one of the best right-backs in Europe last season and will probably be a brilliant player for Inter.

Madrid can do that and just not care. They're fully packed in midfield and play a 4-3-3 under Zidane – he is more of a 10 IIRC.

They have Hazard, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Asensio, Vazquez for the wide positions, and Isco, Kroos, Valverde (who is superb, Modric, James, Casemiro etc for the middle.

They probably have seen the success of Hakimi and reckon they can do the same here. As another poster has said, he either develops into a brilliant player for Madrid, or they can sell him on - whether he's played brilliantly like Hakimi has or if he's struggled. But given it's the Bundesliga, in one of the best teams, then it's the right place for him to be.
As I said in my post, and repeated in a subsequent post, he couldnlt have gone to a better place than Dortmund. And it wasn't the fact he was sent out on loan, I was questioning the 2 year term and whether this reflected how much development he still needed.

But if Madrid have a history of doing this then fair enough. I wasn't aware of that. I know they did a 2 year loan of James to Bayern, but that was because he had failed at Madrid so was a different issue.

The whole issue about us dodging a bullet is that when we spend that amount on a player, we need him to be ready for the first team now. We don't have the luxury of clubs like Madrid and Chelsea

I think he'd have been another Kean mate...he would have had a season with us to adapt and then the next season (this one for kean) to show he has adapted and can prove hes got what we expected.

Reinier wouldnt have much chance at Madrid so sent to Dortmund who will have 2 years to build him up. If he came to us we would be giving him a year max.

With these signings they need time to see if their talent can be adjusted to suit our game and the real ceiling of how good they can be.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.
TBH I'd have been made up if we got him on loan from Madrid, even for just a season.

The kid looked to have the lot from his youtube videos, I was just surprised at the 2 year loan is all. Wonder how much Dortmund have paid in loan fees?

TBH I'd have been made up if we got him on loan from Madrid, even for just a season.

The kid looked to have the lot from his youtube videos, I was just surprised at the 2 year loan is all. Wonder how much Dortmund have paid in loan fees?

I think he would still need a season to adapt mate and as a 10 wouldnt fit the current system.

The 3 players id have gone for over Doucoure + Allan would have been;

Bruno Guimaraes -- Lyon + next Casemiro
Zakaria -- Gladbach + similar to Vieira
Tonali - Brescia + similar to Gattuso.

Id have brought in 1 of them rather than both Doucoure + Allan. Then another similar profile in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back