Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in my post, and repeated in a subsequent post, he couldnlt have gone to a better place than Dortmund. And it wasn't the fact he was sent out on loan, I was questioning the 2 year term and whether this reflected how much development he still needed.

But if Madrid have a history of doing this then fair enough. I wasn't aware of that. I know they did a 2 year loan of James to Bayern, but that was because he had failed at Madrid so was a different issue.

The whole issue about us dodging a bullet is that when we spend that amount on a player, we need him to be ready for the first team now. We don't have the luxury of clubs like Madrid and Chelsea

They did it with Hakimi mate yep, and Odegaard (who has now returned) I believe

I think he would still need a season to adapt mate and as a 10 wouldnt fit the current system.

The 3 players id have gone for over Doucoure + Allan would have been;

Bruno Guimaraes -- Lyon + next Casemiro
Zakaria -- Gladbach + similar to Vieira
Tonali - Brescia + similar to Gattuso.

Id have brought in 1 of them rather than both Doucoure + Allan. Then another similar profile in 12 months time.

Shame none of them would touch us with a barge pole.

I think he would still need a season to adapt mate and as a 10 wouldnt fit the current system.

Id have brought in 1 of them rather than both Doucoure + Allan. Then another similar profile in 12 months time.
It's just mice having players like him who get you off your seat when they get the ball. We haven't had anyone like that since Del. Shame he had iron lungs

Unfortunately Zat we finished 12th in the Prem, have tons of players on big wages to move on, have a habit of stalling youngsters (half an half our fault usually) and those three players are all three of the most highly rated midfield prospects in Europe right now.

Didn't Guimaraes only move to Lyon this season too? Tonali will stick in Italy I'm pretty sure. Gladbach in the CL for next season too.

For £30m we would have needed him to start straight away. We can't afford that sort of money on a prospect to loan out for 2 years. Look at the way some of the fans on here have reacted to the fact that Kean hasn't been an instant success. That's what I mean by dodged a bullet.

And what's all the crap about Aberdeen FFS. I actually said in my post that Dortmund was the best place he could have gone on loan. I was questioning why the loan was for 2 years and whether it was because he needed a lot more development that they had expected.

I'd completely forgotten how much utter bollox you spout and why I put you in ignore in the first place. lol
I’m not sure being loaned out by Real Madrid Really indicates that he’d have been loaned out by us you know mate. It’s a tough call, but I reckon Kroos, Modric and Casemiro just edge out Davies Gylfi and Delph in that particular clash of the titans.

They did it with Hakimi mate yep, and Odegaard (who has now returned) I believe
In fairness Odegaard was only about 16 when he signed and it was also for pittance by comparison. So not quite the same.

But I can see it's a legitimate policy for a club with Madrid's resources and not necessarily a reflection on where the lad is in his development.

As Zat says, it'll be interesting to see how he does at Dortmund,

Formerly of our Toffee parish Shane Duffy about to turn down 2 premiership clubs to go to Celtic as well .

It’s always going to be a big move for any Irish player, every Irish lad grows up hoping to play for Celtic or Rangers depending on your allegiance.

Shane’s a Derry lad, this move would be huge for him coming from there so I understand him turning down PL clubs to go to Parkhead.

Be a great singing for Celtic mate. In for Turnbull again I believe to, two very good signings.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back