Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20200823-WA0000.webp

Outside goodison this morning?

Of all the clubs around the top ten, ours was absolutely the most urgent in terms of getting good transfer business done early.

We need movement this week or even Brands' most ardent defenders must start to run out of patience. I know that Daily Star article was nonsense but there's an underlying grain of truth in it - Ancelotti won't lie down and take being lied to about transfers, pandemic or not.

If there’s still stories that we are negotiating with Napoli by Wednesday/Thursday then I’ll get a bit frustrated but I’m expecting some sort of breaking news to happen within the next 48 hours

I don’t know what it is exactly, whether it’s just overly long negotiations or both parties being stubborn or a lack of leaks or what not but I long for the days we’d agree then complete deals ala Kanchelskis, Campbell, Ferguson et al

Trying to be positive here but it is difficult times due to Covid however it’s much better being linked with players early in the window that fall through than not being linked at all . Think back Zouma - no plan B and then no signing with a few bullets dodged like Rojo .
Carlo is here because he has been promised money for players which I am confident he we get .

Our priority is 2 centre mids and 3 if we could offload any of the present crew

Next we need another right sided attacking option

if we sorted out the above we could manage with what we have I think and be a much better side

If there was any more money a right back who would be a guaranteed starter and possibly another centre half but Branthwaite and Gibson could both step up hopefully

Pickford for me is difficult - if we could sell him for 25-30 million and buy somebody else for a bit less then it would be good business but we will struggle and he is outed now as being poor .

Yesterday just showed us what we already knew that Davies and siggy are not the answer in a 442 so not the end of the world just worrying .

Signing will come and Carlo is going nowhere so let’s have a great Sunday and a few pints somewhere and chill ..!

Or what actually happened, we asked for him on loan and they said "he's not available for loan but you can buy him for 30m" and we said "no thank you" and walked away.

I didn’t want Rojo but sometimes the player will fit a certain club better than an other, this is what Moyes did so well.

I’d much prefer us to spend the bigger money on proven PL players( I don’t mean Rojo) and if possible try and loan the foreign players first.

I still shudder at buying Tosun for topping the Turkish scoring charts with Valencia who we binned off after a loan.

No, he wants carlo to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune.

Obviously carlo has no social life and he'd accept two people's jobs at the same time which would mean he'd be working 24/7.

Its not hard with technology these days, he's got a phone and a monitor, he can call agents whilst he's watching the players train. He's just got to say "excuse me" a lot of times on the phone whilst he's talking to the coaching staff and players. Easy.

I’m still to see Brands unearthing these ‘ unknown gems’, I thought that’s what he was here for.
We’ve been after the Watford fella since Silva, Allan will be Ancelotti’s choice. Mina, Digne and Iwobi etc were well known anyway.

If there’s still stories that we are negotiating with Napoli by Wednesday/Thursday then I’ll get a bit frustrated but I’m expecting some sort of breaking news to happen within the next 48 hours

I don’t know what it is exactly, whether it’s just overly long negotiations or both parties being stubborn or a lack of leaks or what not but I long for the days we’d agree then complete deals ala Kanchelskis, Campbell, Ferguson et al
The Napoli owner is notoriously difficult to do business with but it sounds like things are moving in the right direction on the Allan deal.

There definitely comes a time when all this brinksmanship becomes counter productive. The couple of million you save at the negotiating table might end up being a net loss when you finish 12th as opposed to 7th or whatever.

I didn’t want Rojo but sometimes the player will fit a certain club better than an other, this is what Moyes did so well.

I’d much prefer us to spend the bigger money on proven PL players( I don’t mean Rojo) and if possible try and loan the foreign players first.

I still shudder at buying Tosun for topping the Turkish scoring charts with Valencia who we binned off after a loan.
He was top scorer in the CL that year, i think it was more to do with that and the fact that the gravylord had tried to buy him previously. Tbf to Cenk he does seem to score most places he has been and including internationals just when he came here the "Everton effect" got to him.

I’m still to see Brands unearthing these ‘ unknown gems’, I thought that’s what he was here for.
We’ve been after the Watford fella since Silva, Allan will be Ancelotti’s choice. Mina, Digne and Iwobi etc were well known anyway.

Me too, i thought there'd be something.

The Napoli owner is notoriously difficult to do business with but it sounds like things are moving in the right direction on the Allan deal.

There definitely comes a time when all this brinksmanship becomes counter productive. The couple of million you save at the negotiating table might end up being a net loss when you finish 12th as opposed to 7th or whatever.

For one year yeah, but with ffpp the whole deal is based over the length of the contract and you've got to base it on the deal as a whole rather then just a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back