Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like we haven’t learnt from our past disasters in the transfer market. Are we going to run the clock down again and panic buy very late. Surely we can’t let that happen.
All the noises from the Italian media suggest that Allan is close. The Doucoure one sounds like we’re not going to be held to ransom which is fair enough but we need to have alternatives if we can’t find agreement with Watford.

The transfer market is only really starting to move now that European competition is finishing.

Can't believe the links to Smalling for £20m, if we pay that I will be very disappointed, he might look good in Italy, but in the prem he has been getting done for pace for a few seasons. He's over 30 and we already have 3 first choice CB's and 2 young players in Branthwait and Gibson. I would rather we spent the money elsewhere if Smalling is the best we can get

Can't believe the links to Smalling for £20m, if we pay that I will be very disappointed, he might look good in Italy, but in the prem he has been getting done for pace for a few seasons. He's over 30 and we already have 3 first choice CB's and 2 young players in Branthwait and Gibson. I would rather we spent the money elsewhere if Smalling is the best we can get
Where are we linked with Smalling?

Certainly not as flush as previous seasons and a stadium to start paying for

Difference between being skint and being stuck FFP wise.

Financially we are flush by the owners who Usmanov/ Moshiri combined only Sheikh Mansour has more wealth however until the council hurry up and grant permission on the ground and thus allowing the naming rights deal to start being in pay / get a few big earners out of contract next June such as Walcott, Bolasie, Sandro, Besic etc then we haven't the leg room to throw money around.

If Richarlison goes next season that + USM naming rights deal would likely wipe out our FFP defecit completely which will allow us to spend big.

Sadly we have a year to wait before this comes to pass.

If we can bring in Allan, Doucoure, Arias & a wide player with potentially a CB on loan then I would be happy in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back