Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think James would play in the middle. We need more pace out wide and someone like Bailey would be perfect for it.

Personally it feels unlikely that we'd bring in all three of Allan, Doucoure and James - it would be better business all round to get Allan, James and Bailey or another quick winger.

Alternatively we might buy all three, and even more players and it ends up being Marcel pretending all along that we're skint.

This is all generally good news if they get over the line but as many have said, it really puts more pressure on outgoings.
The James rumours make the Iwobi deal look even more ridiculous but we won’t be able to shift him. Delph, Besic, (Sig), Davies are all seriously surplus to requirements considering the reported incomings in the middle. Despite having a weak midfield, we sure do seem to be bloated with dross there.
That’s not even including other positions (Tosun, Bernard, Bolasie, Sandro), we could sell every single one of them and it would not have the slightest effect on the first team. Koeman and Walsh killed us big time

The signing of Rodriguez and Duocoere if they happen will make Everton less reliant on the signing of Allan and may weaken the negotiating power of Napoli.
If we do sign Allan I think it could be late in the window.

How are we going to pay ?
I think a lot of players are for sale, if buyers can be found.
Sigurdsson,Bernard, Iwobi, Gomes and maybe even Kean(I hope not).

The signing of Rodriguez and Duocoere if they happen will make Everton less reliant on the signing of Allan and may weaken the negotiating power of Napoli.

Unless we receive substantial offers for those players (Bernard aside maybe) I can’t see them being sold.

Sigurdsson won’t move on. I don’t think many clubs will be interested in him, if they are I can’t see him wanting to leave unless it’s something that stands out for him like playing Champions League football. No way he’s taking a pay cut. Also with him I can’t help but feel Ancelotti likes him.

I think Iwobi will get another season and again I can’t see the club accepting anything less than what they paid for him or any clubs willing to pay that.

Gomes still a good squad player for us and Kean will be given another season like Iwobi I think, or at least be loaned out.

For me, realistically our only sellable ‘assets’ are Bernard, Kenny or Davies and I can’t really see them bringing much in.

I’m excited by the prospect of Rodríguez, Allan, Doucouré.

Ages don’t bother me in the slightest either

My only concern is the lack of pace in midfield.
Not only pace but lack of goals,our back 4 don’t score on a regular basis and the midfield return last year was woeful.
To challenge top 4-6 you would expect around 65 goals and upwards that’s a big increase on last year for both the forwards and the new midfield, 2 are new to the league and the other one 16 in 3 seasons.

Certainly interesting to see what formation we go with.

If its 442 I imagine

Rodriguez Doucoure Allan ???

Richarlison DCL

or 433

Allen Doucoure

Rodriguez

Richarlison DCL ???

443 may potentially explain the links to Ocampos from Sevilla who plays as a wide forward but cant see that happening

I don't think Gomes is for sale, mate.Probably one of the few who isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back