Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that’ll be the plan. After we have a solid first team it’s about adding quality or kids like Kean, Nkoukou etc. as gambles for the future

Yeah we should have been in this position already but hopefully with Carlo we can get there. Then for me it's about replacing Pickford, Keane/Mina, Bernard, Iwobi etc. Also buying a couple of young centre kids to replace Allan and Doucore in a few years.

Ancelotti should get his way.

In fact if the tea lady mistaken brings him a single espresso instead of a double I hope he scolds her with it and bounces the mug of Brand's bonce.

Yeah I think there might have been a little battle going on, but you don't appoint Ancelotti and not back him and take onboard what he wants. He has always worked with a DoF so I think its nothing new, but perhaps what Carlo wants (ability and to win now) rather then what Brands wants (buy low, develop, sell high) has brought a little bit of a battle on.

Yeah I think there might have been a little battle going on, but you don't appoint Ancelotti and not back him and take onboard what he wants. He has always worked with a DoF so I think its nothing new, but perhaps what Carlo wants (ability and to win now) rather then what Brands wants (buy low, develop, sell high) has brought a little bit of a battle on.

Both are needed, the midfield is so awful we can't really afford to develop a young talent in there right now. Would be an incredibly unfair position to put a young player in too. That part of the field needs an immediate injection of quality in order to not slip any further down the league.

In the meantime you'd have to hope that maybe a young player like Iwobi might perform and develop better playing with a quality midfield, and players like DCL, Richy and Kean will go from strength to strength with better service.

It's hand in hand really.

Perhaps Messi wants to enhance his Legacy by taking a middle of the pack team to glory like Maradona did at Lazio

Diego transformed Napoli in the 1980s but it did take a while. The documentary on him is superb.

Messi probably making some sort of power play at Barca to force the election of a new president. Eric Abidal already gone as sporting director. There's probably some that would say Messi at 33 is too old, too lightweight for the EPL..... I'm sure he'd be a great impact sub for Bolasie in the last 15-20mins when we're 2-0 down at home Sheff Utd.

Anyway, should Carlo get the 3 midfielders we've been linked with I think it would be amazing for the squad. There's been a suggested Christmas tree formation and this is what he used in Milan with Inzaghi as the Poacher, however he had a midfield of Kaka, Pirlo and Seedorf. Will let the powers that be focus on whether we can afford it or not, in any case the transfer wheels appear to slowly turning.

Nobody is planning to rely on Gbamin's return. The only thing that is actually known about Gbamin is that he is unreliable.
The club seem to be including him in their plans. He is closer to Allan and Doucourè in play style so is needed to cover for them alone. James has Sig, Gomes and even Iwobi/Bernard to cover the attacking role. I’d rather keep Gbamin than Davies or Delph who achieve neither the defensive or attacking aspect of midfield. He’s still an unknown quantity yes but probably has more value to us than some others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back