Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the pace would have to come from Digne, Richarlison, Arias and DCL. it could work, against certain teams. But agree that centrally, not brilliant pace, as long as they move the ball quickly, not necessarily a problem

This set up am not totally adverse to tbh, I think the bite and aggression in midfield would work, I don't know Arias tbh or how he plays, but we have always had full backs who push on more then they should anyways.

It keeps Richie upfront rather then pushing him out too... be interesting to see how we set up if these signings push through.

Apparently Ollie Watkins has a release fee of £18m, but I think he would be 4th choice here, unless we move Richarlison out wide. Could be a bargain if he gets 10 or more goals though

If we had the money I would try get both Watkins and Benrahma.
Both outstanding at the top of that league - which is just as good as the bottom half of our league (so shouldn't struggle for performances really) and could help each other integrate.
Probably looking at £50m for the pair though so no doubt won't happen (Carlo may not want them too!)

The team would be something like this -

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Rodriguez Allan Doucoure Benrahma
Watkins Richarlison

Then rotate players for cup games so the likes of Holgate, Gomes and Calvert-Lewin get a look in.

Apparently Ollie Watkins has a release fee of £18m, but I think he would be 4th choice here, unless we move Richarlison out wide. Could be a bargain if he gets 10 or more goals though
Thats a good price. Lots of potential but think carlo wants experienced players in midfield that we can rely. In fact not just Carlo but think all us want that

It's a fair point, my counter might be, do we think Ancelotti is going to initially set the team up with bags of pace? I don't see that being a medium term goal for him.
How would that work though? Genuine question, I’m not being funny. For me, if you’ve got a low block defence to compensate for their lack of pace, you have simply got to have pace going forward or how do you ever get out? Especially when your midfielders aren’t exactly zidane and kaka. I think the way so many teams are set up now to press you high up the pitch, a team with no pace would be absolutely massacred time after time.

Wasn’t it reported that that clause didn’t exist? I’m sure I saw it somewhere but can’t confirm. Someone will have 100% activated that clause by now if it existed surely

Wasn’t it reported that that clause didn’t exist? I’m sure I saw it somewhere but can’t confirm. Someone will have 100% activated that clause by now if it existed surely

There have been conflicting reports, most claim it does exist, Brentofrd paid £1.8m for Watkins in 2017, so £18m would be 10 times what they paid for him. I can only find one website that claims the clause is not there. There seem to be several clubs interested, but no one has took the plunge yet.

To be honest mate, just the lungs would do me :(
We've tried specific body parts, but it didn't really work out...
1598526360220.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back