Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Ollie Watkins has a release fee of £18m, but I think he would be 4th choice here, unless we move Richarlison out wide. Could be a bargain if he gets 10 or more goals though

If we had the money I would try get both Watkins and Benrahma.
Both outstanding at the top of that league - which is just as good as the bottom half of our league (so shouldn't struggle for performances really) and could help each other integrate.
Probably looking at £50m for the pair though so no doubt won't happen (Carlo may not want them too!)

The team would be something like this -

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Rodriguez Allan Doucoure Benrahma
Watkins Richarlison

Then rotate players for cup games so the likes of Holgate, Gomes and Calvert-Lewin get a look in.

Two Brentford players to play instead of Dcl and Gomes...

I wonder if there is anything we can work out with Real for James like we did with Barry? Loan fee with obligation to buy next year, punts the proverbial can down the road on FFP?
I reckon we should hire him as "construction labourer" rather than "player" and then his costs will go against the stadium instead :cool:

Gone a bit quiet this morning. Hoping that means frantic work going on behind the scenes to sort out some deals.

Or it could just be that I’m impatient.

I personally think the 3 Mid Players we are been linked to sign,will all sign-ive convinced myself now lol, but this been Everton it will be however long it takes to complete, while as usual while we are attempting the deals the press and co will link whoever it is to male us think the deals are off etc.

How would that work though? Genuine question, I’m not being funny. For me, if you’ve got a low block defence to compensate for their lack of pace, you have simply got to have pace going forward or how do you ever get out? Especially when your midfielders aren’t exactly zidane and kaka. I think the way so many teams are set up now to press you high up the pitch, a team with no pace would be absolutely massacred time after time.

I've never felt Italian teams set up to play with lots of power and pace. Even some of the great Ancelotti teams, I never really thought pace was particularly central. I mean I'm not saying it's right, but I just don't foresee him wanting to play with lots of pace.

In answer to your question, we would sit deep, stay in games, make ourselves compact and hard to beat and try to maximise situations like set pieces and mistakes of opponents to win. Lots of teams do it. Crystal Palace do it very well.

I personally think the 3 Mid Players we are been linked to sign,will all sign-ive convinced myself now lol, but this been Everton it will be however long it takes to complete, while as usual while we are attempting the deals the press and co will link whoever it is to male us think the deals are off etc.

I think they will all happen, if reports are true all 3 players are holding out for us, so it’s just a case of when, not if. They all want to play under Ancelotti, the loveable Italian stallion.

Apparently Ollie Watkins has a release fee of £18m, but I think he would be 4th choice here, unless we move Richarlison out wide. Could be a bargain if he gets 10 or more goals though

If we had the money I would try get both Watkins and Benrahma.
Both outstanding at the top of that league - which is just as good as the bottom half of our league (so shouldn't struggle for performances really) and could help each other integrate.
Probably looking at £50m for the pair though so no doubt won't happen (Carlo may not want them too!)

The team would be something like this -

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Rodriguez Allan Doucoure Benrahma
Watkins Richarlison

Then rotate players for cup games so the likes of Holgate, Gomes and Calvert-Lewin get a look in.
Quick glance down to the suggested team ... sees Mina and Keane in cb... I’m not gonna read this even though I think those Brentford players would be worth a gamble for the right price

I've never felt Italian teams set up to play with lots of power and pace. Even some of the great Ancelotti teams, I never really thought pace was particularly central. I mean I'm not saying it's right, but I just don't foresee him wanting to play with lots of pace.

In answer to your question, we would sit deep, stay in games, make ourselves compact and hard to beat and try to maximise situations like set pieces and mistakes of opponents to win. Lots of teams do it. Crystal Palace do it very well.
But Crystal Palace don't spend £100m on new players every summer. I've said this before, you can hover around midtable in this league playing that way with Tosun, McCarthy, Bolasie and Schneiderlin in your side. You can't go out and spend £300m on a new team and hope to win games by nicking a goal from a set piece. If he wants to do that he had better be very successful because the crowd just won't accept that sort of football to keep finishing 8th. Hell they wouldn't even accept it when Moyes was finishing 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back