Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

FB_IMG_1598603422107.webp

Love the way "you people" think its a joke.

But.

Hamez 140k, Allan 120k, Donkeree 80k, Arias 80k

Thats 2m a month in wages, so yeah, lets try save it.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

if we get those four in that's our squad of 25 sorted, without any major sales, the only issue is with the wages, would we cover them just with offloading the absolute deadest of deadwood? The other issue is the wages we'll be paying for some of our backups.

so say we get:

Pickford
Arias Holgate Mina Digne
Doucore Allan Gomes
James Kean Richarlison

Lossl
Coleman Keane Branthwaithe Nkoulou
Gbamin Delph Siggurdsson
Walcott DCL Bernard

Virgina, Gordon, Iwobi
That would be our 25, so that's kenny, davies, bolasie, sandro and tosun all gone as well as a few fringe others like pennington and baningime. Would getting rid of all those mean we can pay for the 4 we want in? I'm not sure, in which case we'd maybe have to retain someone like davies instead of delph or siggurdsson. Iwobi being the odd one out as his place in the squad should really be for a youngster, just highlights how bad of a signing he is.

If we look at that squad though, that defence is still way too weak for me, hence why i'd hope we'd get an experienced centre back in. I'd probably prefer gibson over branthwaite myself, especially with him being able to share backup left back duties, whilst delph may have to be retained for that same reason.

if we get those four in that's our squad of 25 sorted, without any major sales, the only issue is with the wages, would we cover them just with offloading the absolute deadest of deadwood? The other issue is the wages we'll be paying for some of our backups.

so say we get:

Pickford
Arias Holgate Mina Digne
Doucore Allan Gomes
James Kean Richarlison

Lossl
Coleman Keane Branthwaithe Nkoulou
Gbamin Delph Siggurdsson
Walcott DCL Bernard

Virgina, Gordon, Iwobi
That would be our 25, so that's kenny, davies, bolasie, sandro and tosun all gone as well as a few fringe others like pennington and baningime. Would getting rid of all those mean we can pay for the 4 we want in? I'm not sure, in which case we'd maybe have to retain someone like davies instead of delph or siggurdsson. Iwobi being the odd one out as his place in the squad should really be for a youngster, just highlights how bad of a signing he is.

If we look at that squad though, that defence is still way too weak for me, hence why i'd hope we'd get an experienced centre back in. I'd probably prefer gibson over branthwaite myself, especially with him being able to share backup left back duties, whilst delph may have to be retained for that same reason.

Add to the wages of Baines, Schneiderlin, Stekelenburg, Dowell, Niasse, Martina, Garbutt?

And therein lies the difficulty in Brands’ task. Shifting crap players on huge wages to teams who can’t afford to pay them. *insert obligatory dig at Koeman and Walsh*

At the same time tho Brands has added to that enormous wage bill:

Bernard
Iwobi
Delph
Kean
Mina

Some on that list may have some potential but they still aint doing enough to warrant the wages they are on I imagine.

Next season will see a big reduction considering Walcott, Bolasie, Sandro & Besic are out of contract to add alongside Schneiderlin, Garbutt, Niasse & Martina who have gone this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back