Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to get all these targets in ASAP (at least a week before the Spurs game), but obviously common sense must prevail. No panic buys or getting dry bummed on price..

Just looking at the 1st 4 games, they could be a lot worse. We should be capable of 7-9 points from those 4 as we are.

Would love to get all these targets in ASAP (at least a week before the Spurs game), but obviously common sense must prevail. No panic buys or getting dry bummed on price..

Just looking at the 1st 4 games, they could be a lot worse. We should be capable of 7-9 points from those 4 as we are.
Not with our current midfield I don’t think. We were absolutely woeful towards the end of last season

666EC216-D0EC-47A4-841B-33BBAC8BAB35.webp

Prob have to write off spurs game, hopefully new players settle in for the next one

Personally I’m not sure Richarlison is at his apex yet, a season were he gets close to 20 goals the time would be ripe, I think he’s already looking away if I’m honest
I'm convinced that he sees us as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. He has that big player swagger about him.
I'm also convinced he will become a top top player at a club like Barca or Madrid and that we can get a huge fee for him.

Isnt it £105 million?

Im sure over a 3 year period our losses were around £95 million however that didnt take into account the £30 million USM deal at the AGM or the summer deals last summer which FFP speaking I think we made an overall slender profit on.

Not taking into consideration the financial affects of COVID as I dont even know if UEFA will factor that or not but we weren't that bad when this seasons accounts were taken into consideration hence why we can go for the likes of Allan, Rodriguez, Doucoure etc.

Its why I wasn't having any of the Esks or Echos doomsday predictions of no funds.

Say Richarlison is sold for £100 million - I imagine thats around £76 million profit (not taking into account wages) on the books when you consider the 3 years left on his deal come next summer.

In essence im not worrying whatsoever- we also have the USM naming rights deal to be announced - im pretty confident they could do a down payment as it were if required also.

I dont know why our fans worry so much about our finances - the owners have a plan.

Depends what year you are being assessed last year, the threshold increased to annual losses of 39 million over three years so 117 mill - so the proceeding years were 35 million, so 105 million if you get my drift, that cycle is still ongoing,

Personally this year I think we have 60 mill in income, we wouldn’t usually, I think that is helping to fund this year, then whatever outs we can muster, but I also think we are spending next years money this year to I.e. someone will be sold next year to balance the books for spending this year - thats just my read of it.

Richarlisons book price at the mo is 32 million, next summer it will be 24 if he’s sold for 100 mill, we make 76 mill, so yeah your bang on mate.

The USM deal, accounts for 36 mill, of the 60 mill I think we have in extra revenue.

Not sure people worry about us having money mate, I think it’s more the compliance aspect. That said though the business is basket case and can’t be run like that into the long term. To be fair to Brands I think, he has already brought our cost base down, don’t forget the last set of accounts were for 18/19.

Last edited:

I'm convinced that he sees us as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. He has that big player swagger about him.
I'm also convinced he will become a top top player at a club like Barca or Madrid and that we can get a huge fee for him.

I think he has genuine affection for the club, I think he’s happy, puts effort into his game and development, I’ve nothing but respect for him. He and we know he’s young, will improve, time is on his side and interest is beginning to spark amongst bigger clubs, but neither the player or club are in a rush.

He and we both know a tipping point will come, it will be mutually advantageous when he goes, I’d have no beef with him, you can see it coming and he’s leaving it all on the pitch while he’s here.

You dont come from where he comes from and be successful if you waste time in a comfort zone, don’t take opportunity or be sentimental.

He’s a good sort and serving us well, though I think this is his last year, I think he and the club both know it and planning accordingly.

Last edited:
Depends what year you are being assessed last year, the threshold increased to annual losses of 39 million over three years last year - so the proceeding years were 35 million, so 105 million if you get my drift, that cycle is still ongoing,

Personally this year I think we have 60 mill in income, we wouldn’t usually, I think that is helping to fund this year, then whatever outs we can muster, but I also think we are spending next years money this year to I.e. someone will be sold next year to balance the books for spending this year - thats just my read of it.

Richarlisons book price at the mo is 32 million, next summer it will be 24 if he’s sold for 100 mill, we make 76 mill, so yeah your bang on mate.

The USM deal, accounts for 36 mill, of the 60 mill I think we have in extra revenue.

Nit sure people worry about us having money mate, I think it’s more the compliance aspect. That said though the business is basket case and can’t be run like that into the long term. To be fair to Brands I think, he has already brought our cost base down, don’t forget the last set of accounts were for 18/19.

Hopefully when PP is sorted on the ground the club announce the naming rights deal and we start getting it paid now - £20-25 million over 5-10 years with the first instalment paid in this year or next added to as you say a likely big fee for Richarlison should see us sitting pretty for next summer.

Add in Walcott, Bolasie, Besic & Sandro all off the books next summer saving us around 300k a week I think its riding out this summer and being shrewd - try get the likes of Bernard, Kenny & Davies out for some extra funds on the books!

Depends what year you are being assessed last year, the threshold increased to annual losses of 39 million over three years last year - so the proceeding years were 35 million, so 105 million if you get my drift, that cycle is still ongoing,

Nit sure people worry about us having money mate, I think it’s more the compliance aspect. That said though the business is basket case and can’t be run like that into the long term. To be fair to Brands I think, he has already brought our cost base down, don’t forget the last set of accounts were for 18/19.

Can you show your working out for the 60m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back