Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football doesn't work like that.

We can't have huge losses year after year.

We have to be mature about our current position.

Well, show me a club that is worse off as a result of breaching FFP and I might start crapping myself. But until then, I’m going to give the crapping yourself a rest, now that our de facto owner is wealthier than Roman Abramovich.

Dunno tbh - would rather europa conference and try actually win it - would be first ever winners of the competition, our first pot since 95 and gets us straight into the EL group stage.

7th is as best as it gets for us especially if we are sacrificing the opening 2-3 fixtures whilst Brands penny pinches.
I'm not arsed about being better than Sassuolo, Eintracht Frankfurt and Dnipro but maybe that is just me.

Kenwright and Elstone had us doing much better than we are now, and if people were ever going to choose an English club that had gained ‘success’ under this model, then it would probably be Everton under Moyes and Kenwright. Can you name anyone else? But the ‘success’ was actually just being ‘the best of the rest’ or the ‘least crappest’ no mark, so it wasn’t success at all really, it was just going nowhere.

Liverpool have done alright with it recently unfortunately

I just want a trophy mate - beggars cant be choosers after 25 years of nothing!

Gonna take minimum 2 windows of good recruitment to realistically challenge the top 6.
Eh I'm not really begging for one like. It'd be great and I expect that we'd challenge for all we can but I'm also not so concerned that I'd plan everything around winning the League Cup or the third tier European prize.

As good as Richarlison is aswell- he is a bit square peg and round hole in the 442 when he is much better in a 433 / wide forward role.

Love the lad but if someone offers us £100+ million for him it would wipe out most if not all of our FFP defecit allowing us to splurge next summer.

Well we’re allowed to make a loss 117 million over three seasons, last years losses of 111mil means there is a reckoning coming at some point and someone will have to be sold to balance the books with a big fee. Doesn’t have to be Richarlison but he’s a quick and easy win.

You could sell Digne for 50, Gylfi, Keane, Tosun, Bernard etc for 15 - 20 mill.

Personally I’m not sure Richarlison is at his apex yet, a season were he gets close to 20 goals the time would be ripe, I think he’s already looking away if I’m honest.

All that said I think we have 60 mill in revenue/wiggle room this year due to two exceptional revenue streams.

If we are going to make these signings and then say we can't get 6th I want us to do something longer term. The ages on the players we're getting mean we want to win now, so we have to do it.

But when you get into Europe these players won’t go from 29-30
To 36-37 in one year this is how you establish yourself then you build round them at the moment we’re stuck in mud and badly need a rescue these players represent that

I'm sure if they got crazy offer for any of their players like they did for coutinho they'd sell and likely spend the money again sensibly. So yes

So the offer has to be ‘crazy’ for them to even consider it. And the Coutinho bid certainly was crazy. Otherwise, they are highly reluctant to sell their best players. They aren’t operating on a sell to buy model. I’m sure they could have sold Salah for crazy money over the last two years, and yet, they haven’t for some strange reason?

I believe they are even placing clauses in players contracts, which stipulate that they can‘t be sold to Barcelona, or something along those lines. This is to deter the likes of Barcelona from buying their best players. It’s an additional measure to prevent the sale of their best players.

But when you get into Europe these players won’t go from 29-30
To 36-37 in one year this is how you establish yourself then you build round them at the moment we’re stuck in mud and badly need a rescue these players represent that
Which is fine but it just has to happen now. That's all I'm saying.

It is no secret I don't really think going for it like this is the right move. But it seems we are doing it so now I just want it to work. And for it to work we need to be pushing Europe right now.

................................................................................................webp

Well we’re allowed to make a loss 117 million over three seasons, last years losses of 111mil means there is a reckoning coming at some point and someone will have to be sold to balance the books with a big fee. Doesn’t have to be Richarlison but he’s a quick and easy win.

You could sell Digne for 50, Gylfi, Keane, Tosun, Bernard etc for 15 - 20 mill.

Personally I’m not sure Richarlison is at his apex yet, a season were he gets close to 20 goals the time would be ripe, I think he’s already looking away if I’m honest.

All that said I think we have 60 mill in revenue/wiggle room this year due to two exceptional revenue streams.

Isnt it £105 million?

Im sure over a 3 year period our losses were around £95 million however that didnt take into account the £30 million USM deal at the AGM or the summer deals last summer which FFP speaking I think we made an overall slender profit on.

Not taking into consideration the financial affects of COVID as I dont even know if UEFA will factor that or not but we weren't that bad when this seasons accounts were taken into consideration hence why we can go for the likes of Allan, Rodriguez, Doucoure etc.

Its why I wasn't having any of the Esks or Echos doomsday predictions of no funds.

Say Richarlison is sold for £100 million - I imagine thats around £76 million profit (not taking into account wages) on the books when you consider the 3 years left on his deal come next summer.

In essence im not worrying whatsoever- we also have the USM naming rights deal to be announced - im pretty confident they could do a down payment as it were if required also.

I dont know why our fans worry so much about our finances - the owners have a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back