Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a knock on you friend, but I'm not sure why anyone would think Eduoard is any kind of improvement on Kean. Why would we spend money on Eduoard when we already have Kean? Anyone who thinks Kean would not light up the SPL is deluded.
No offence taken, I'm hoping Kean stays & gets more of a chance as I like him..
I just made the point of saying if the rumours are true & he might leave Edouard could be a potential replacement.

Considering we finished 12th and have no Europe to offer, that we might actually be bringing in players of the quality of James and Allan is a testament to Carlo.

Bring in Doucoure as well and we have a decent shot of challenging for Europe next season.

I think the plan is next summer to have finished something like 6th, have Europe to offer and then sell Richarlison for a very large fee to balance the books and partially reinvest.

Win win

Considering we finished 12th and have no Europe to offer, that we might actually be bringing in players of the quality of James and Allan is a testament to Carlo.

Bring in Doucoure as well and we have a decent shot of challenging for Europe next season.

I think the plan is next summer to have finished something like 6th, have Europe to offer and then sell Richarlison for a very large fee to balance the books and partially reinvest.
If we spend the best part of 100m on those three we have to get Europe next season. No challenge. Europa League is the minimum.

Excellent post, I’ve been thinking the same thing all week, Richarlison is a gonner next year.

I think you're confused, the model actually requires the club to be well run in the first place, not have idiots like kenwright and elstone making decisions

Kenwright and Elstone had us doing much better than we are now, and if people were ever going to choose an English club that had gained ‘success’ under this model, then it would probably be Everton under Moyes and Kenwright. Can you name anyone else? But the ‘success’ was actually just being ‘the best of the rest’ or the ‘least crappest no mark’, so it wasn’t success at all really, it was just going nowhere.

Excellent post, I’ve been thinking the same thing all week, Richarlison is a gonner next year.

As good as Richarlison is aswell- he is a bit square peg and round hole in the 442 when he is much better in a 433 / wide forward role.

Love the lad but if someone offers us £100+ million for him it would wipe out most if not all of our FFP defecit allowing us to splurge next summer.

Not good enough imo.

Dunno tbh - would rather europa conference and try actually win it - would be first ever winners of the competition, our first pot since 95 and gets us straight into the EL group stage.

7th is as best as it gets for us especially if we are sacrificing the opening 2-3 fixtures whilst Brands penny pinches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back