Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we finished 12th and have no Europe to offer, that we might actually be bringing in players of the quality of James and Allan is a testament to Carlo.

Bring in Doucoure as well and we have a decent shot of challenging for Europe next season.

I think the plan is next summer to have finished something like 6th, have Europe to offer and then sell Richarlison for a very large fee to balance the books and partially reinvest.

We never even get to year two before we give up.

We fundamentally disagree mate. I think selling your best players as soon as they become half decent is something that is forced upon small clubs and prevents them from progressing. Which is why the big clubs don’t do it.

There is very little evidence of selling your best players being a method of achieving success. There certainly isn’t any in England.

Considering we finished 12th and have no Europe to offer, that we might actually be bringing in players of the quality of James and Allan is a testament to Carlo.

Bring in Doucoure as well and we have a decent shot of challenging for Europe next season.

I think the plan is next summer to have finished something like 6th, have Europe to offer and then sell Richarlison for a very large fee to balance the books and partially reinvest.

Why would we only partially reinvest? Why wouldn’t we totally reinvest?

Not saying he shouldn’t be criticised if he doesn’t perform. Just noting that you’re presenting the case against him already
No, not at all. There is no case if he sorts the GK situation out. And it'd be one bone of contention, not a campaign to get him out. Ancelotti is a great manager and has nothing to prove, but he cant be given a free ride.

Unpopular opinion at the moment but I think Pickford will be fine next season if we get the right players in other positions.

That midfield last season caused problems all over the pitch.
How does having a midfield stop pickford from making mistakes? Maybe he’ll have more cover but I don’t think a midfield will automatically make him stop dropping the ball and suddenly be able to save things.

We fundamentally disagree mate. I think selling your best players as soon as they become half decent is something that is forced upon small clubs and prevents them from progressing. Which is why the big clubs don’t do it.

There is very little evidence of selling your best players being a method of achieving success. There certainly isn’t any in England.
Well I don't agree with that so that's why I said earlier the model can be a base that you don't follow exactly.

How does having a midfield stop pickford from making mistakes? Maybe he’ll have more cover but I don’t think a midfield will automatically make him stop dropping the ball and suddenly be able to save things.
Not so much pickford individually but more the defence arent defending for 90mins constantly. May give Pickford more protection.

Persoanlly i think he can get rid of the silly errors, but he isn't one to come and collect the ball from crosses so it's always going ot be a problem position.

Why would we only partially reinvest? Why wouldn’t we totally reinvest?

Balancing the books. Our accounts are a complete shambles.

Only selling the likes of Richarlison next summer for a large fee gives us the chance to steady the ship and then build again in a more considered manner, with Europe on offer.

There is no point in buying young and selling for profit if we don't pocket some of the difference to square the accounts.

It certainly doesn’t work for Everton; as shown by the last 25 years.
Id love us mate to go and sign all the ballers. We do have rich owner(s) who have to abide by ffp. We need to generate money from club to buy and progress we just need to do it savvy and right like atletico and dortmund so we can build with club generated funds to compete with the richer clubs in our league by the time we get to bmd. Again like atletico can compete with barca and real and how dortmund can do with Munich.

I'd love one summer where we dont need a complete overhaul in multiple positions. Just get a squad player occasionally and move on the dead wood without massive reinvestment.

Balancing the books. Our accounts are a complete shambles.

Only selling the likes of Richarlison next summer for a large fee gives us the chance to steady the ship and then build again in a more considered manner, with Europe on offer.

There is no point in buying young and selling for profit if we don't pocket some of the difference to square the accounts.

I don’t think we need to ‘balance the books’. If we do owe any money then it’s Usmanov owing money to himself, and the sale of a player is actually one of the ways that allows you to spend without incurring a loss.

And FFP is a load of crap anyway. The punishments are pathetic even if you are found to have breached the rules and haven’t used one of the numerous methods to get around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back