Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking left field here, but I do wonder if Eduoard is a contigency if Richarlinson were to leave for big money?
Hope Richy stays but that was original plan wasn't it? buy young, improve, sell on for big fee, reinvest, rinse and repeat. We're not going to be able to do that with the 4 we're linked with - no resale - surely we can get even a younger rb. Don't know what the plan is now. if this doesn't work we could be in trouble moving into bmd. I could be just bedwetting but I don't want any more siggys or Walcotts that we can't shift drying up funds and syphoning money from club.

Hope Richy stays but that was original plan wasn't it? buy young, improve, sell on for big fee, reinvest, rinse and repeat. We're not going to be able to do that with the 4 we're linked with - no resale - surely we can get even a younger rb. Don't know what the plan is now. if this doesn't work we could be in trouble moving into bmd. I could be just bedwetting but I don't want any more siggys or Walcotts that we can't shift drying up funds and syphoning money from club.

Our owner is wealthier than Roman Abramovich. I wish people would stop cacking themselves and carrying on like we don’t have two pennies to rub together.

The ‘Udinese model’ of selling your best players as soon as they become half decent doesn’t get you anywhere either. It’s not a novel model, it’s what every small club has to do, and what big clubs with big benefactors are able to avoid.

Our owner is wealthier than Roman Abramovich. I wish people would stop cacking themselves and carrying on like we don’t have two pennies to rub together.

The ‘Udinese model’ of selling your best players as soon as they become half decent doesn’t get you anywhere either. It’s not a novel model, it’s what every small club has to do, and what big clubs with big benefactors are able to avoid.

No he's not

The Udinese model can be used as one guide to how to compete with less money. We don't have to follow it step for step.

Also you might want to check again on that first part. I think Abromovich is like 5 times wealthier or something.

We should be all over this. Granted he's only had a short stint in goal for Arsenal but he looks way more assured than Pickford will ever be.

There's two things we can do:

• sell Pickford (unlikely in this window)
  • buy his replacement now and let him rot on the bench until he agitates for a move

I dont see any plans afoot to do either.

Ancelotti - a manager who has worked with great GKs between the sticks - has not moved to solve this disastrous situation. That is gross incompetence. I'd have said that under all previous managers, so the fact that its a great manager makes no difference. We all know what will happen this season with him in goal. He'll cost us 15-20 points with his BS errors.

If finances are an issue, I'd be happy to go with our midfield as it stands with maybe Gbamin to come back in and throw everything on a new GK.

Udinese model? It's hardly something they invented. Every well run club outside the elite have been doing it for decades

• buy his replacement now and let him rot on the bench until he agitates for a move

Ancelotti - a manager who has worked with great GKs between the sticks - has not moved to solve this disastrous situation. That is gross incompetence. I'd have said that under all previous managers, so the fact that its a great manager makes no difference. We all know what will happen this season with him in goal. He'll cost 15-20 points with his BS errors.

If finances are an issue, I'd be happy to go with our midfield as it stands with maybe Gbamin to come back in and throw everything on a new GK.

Ancelotti - a manager who has worked with great GKs between the sticks - has not moved to solve this disastrous situation. That is gross incompetence. I'd have said that under all previous managers, so the fact that its a great manager makes no difference. We all know what will happen this season with him in goal. He'll cost 15-20 points with his BS errors.

If we didnt but any midfielders this window I doubt I would bother watching this season.

Lol It also works for small clubs like atletico and dortmund and prevents ffp getting on your back.

It's this attitude that amazes me.

It's not a given by any means but when you see the likes of foster and van dijk move south and people turn their noses up because of where they come from it is how you lose out on good players.

I haven't a clue if this lad is similar quality or not. Never seen him play, but if he does have something about him then we need to gamble rather than lose out.
H
What about that amazes you? Ive said its tough to call as the standard of the league is poor (akin to Dutch league), he's scored a lot of goals for a team that has strolled the league and average 3 goals a game.. anything over £20m is a gamble

You've said you have never actually seen the lad play but think we should gamble. That attitude is the amazing one here.

Must try harder.

C-

If we didnt but any midfielders this window I doubt I would bother watching this season.
A team rots from the GK.

He needs sorting out.

This is going to be a big issue for me with Ancelotti. He KNOWS what a disaster he is. If he doesn't sort it he's taking the piss here and just beefing up his bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back