Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to feel some real optimism for the first time in a long time. Please don’t take this away from me Everton.
We feel optimism every pre season, then 3 weeks into the season it's ripped away in ruthless fashion doused in petrol and set on fire, then all that remains is a sad smouldering pile of ashes and it remains that and nothing more until the end of the season when by some sort of unexplainable mystery, it manifests within us again starting out as hope and slowly builds up and becomes optimism.
Life cycle of an Everton fan. Optimism--> Disappointment--> Despair-->Hope

We feel optimism every pre season, then 3 weeks into the season it's ripped away in ruthless fashion doused in petrol and set on fire, then all that remains is a sad smouldering pile of ashes and it remains that and nothing more until the end of the season when by some sort of unexplainable mystery, it manifests within us again starting out as hope and slowly builds up and becomes optimism.

ha ha, I’ve been thinking this all day, so I’ve made peace with myself by only allowing my hopes to elevate to “top half”

Beautiful innit?

You can say a lot of bad things about Everton but we don't half get our money's worth with these imminent transfers. Other club’s fans don't get to savour all of this in their blink and you'll miss it deals...

There is undoubted talent there I agree.
I just think he's too lightweight for the physicality of our league. I always have.
He what i would term a "luxury" player. Reminds me a lot of when we signed Pat Nevin.
Great when the going is good but not the best at helping dig out a result.
And if we get rid of anyone like that, all we'll ever do is try to "dig out results"

Stick ‘Apathy’ right in the middle of those four and you have it spot on mate!

And if we get rid of anyone like that, all we'll ever do is try to "dig out results"

I saw an article via twitter () saying Bernard is only effective when we have control of midfield but Ancelotti knows he’s quality. With a dominant midfield (be positive my fellow blues) will we see more of him next season. I’ve been critical of him for being lightweight, so I thought the article was interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back