Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you'd keep Davies because he's not as bad as others make out and will improve because he's young (despite getting progressively worse in the last 2 years)... You don't think Gomes is as slow as others have said and Gylfi has looked uninterested when played out of position, but the manager rarely plays a formation that includes his favoured position...

Not a glowing midfield report is it?
That's right. That's why i posted it. All you have done is highlight the negative points from it.
I didn't say it was the best midfield in the world did I?
We're hardly the best team in the world though are we?
We are a mid-table team pushing (like others) to get in the top 6.
If I could wave a magic wand I would bring in the worlds best midfielders right now, but that's not possible, so little by little we have to build the team up.
Davies has stagnated I'll agree, but with better midfielders (hopefully arriving) at the club and a certain Carlo at the club I'm sure he will improve.
My comment on Gomes regards a general complaint from some fans - I disagree with them. I think he's a terrific player.
And regarding Gylfi I said that I would play him more often in his favoured position to get the most from him.
Perhaps Carlo won't, not much I can do about that. But I was putting MY opinion as to what I would do.
I think he is a good player when he's playing in the number 10 role and maybe that formation will be used more when James Rodriguez arrives?
It gives us options, something Carlo has spoken about liking to have.
We would have a squad capable of playing 442 433 or 4231.
That's surely not a bad thing to have?

Haven't you already been rumbled?

Asking for a friend
Mods? Off topic?
Playing the ref? Walking a tightrope lad.
Cryarsing for the mods! Don’t worry, they’ll take care of it if necessary
Ban me them, cos I'm clearly not welcome on here. I got a 2 day banning for reacting to someone calling me a kopite.
Pack in

That's right. That's why i posted it. All you have done is highlight the negative points from it.
I didn't say it was the best midfield in the world did I?
We're hardly the best team in the world though are we?
We are a mid-table team pushing (like others) to get in the top 6.
If I could wave a magic wand I would bring in the worlds best midfielders right now, but that's not possible, so little by little we have to build the team up.
Davies has stagnated I'll agree, but with better midfielders (hopefully arriving) at the club and a certain Carlo at the club I'm sure he will improve.
My comment on Gomes regards a general complaint from some fans - I disagree with them. I think he's a terrific player.
And regarding Gylfi I said that I would play him more often in his favoured position to get the most from him.
Perhaps Carlo won't, not much I can do about that. But I was putting MY opinion as to what I would do.
I think he is a good player when he's playing in the number 10 role and maybe that formation will be used more when James Rodriguez arrives?
It gives us options, something Carlo has spoken about liking to have.
We would have a squad capable of playing 442 433 or 4231.
That's surely not a bad thing to have?
So you say you'd keep all 3. Is that keep all 3 and not buy Allan, Doucoure and Rodriguez, buy 1 or 2 of them or buy all of them as well as keeping the other 3?

My opinion is that buying all 3 of them would be many, many times better than continuing to play those original 3... But I can't see we'd be in a financial position to maintain all 3 as substitutes (Plus Gbamin/Delph when fit) for midfield.

Is it time?

E5150D76-6BA1-454B-881A-7101875C69B1.webp

So you say you'd keep all 3. Is that keep all 3 and not buy Allan, Doucoure and Rodriguez, buy 1 or 2 of them or buy all of them as well as keeping the other 3?

My opinion is that buying all 3 of them would be many, many times better than continuing to play those original 3... But I can't see we'd be in a financial position to maintain all 3 as substitutes (Plus Gbamin/Delph when fit) for midfield.
Yep I'd keep all 3 and buy the 3 linked (Allan, Doucoure, Rodriguez)
Sell/release Delph, Walcott, Bernard, Besic, Bolasie, Baningime when possible.

Yep I'd keep all 3 and buy the 3 linked (Allan, Doucoure, Rodriguez)
Sell/release Delph, Walcott, Bernard, Besic, Bolasie, Baningime when possible.
Will people stop throwing Bernard in with absolute wasters please.

He was poor back end of last season (does not suit 4-4-2, but I’d be surprised if we’re going to play that extensively), but he’s shown he has talent.

Will people stop throwing Bernard in with absolute wasters please.

He was poor back end of last season (does not suit 4-4-2, but I’d be surprised if we’re going to play that extensively), but he’s shown he has talent.
There is undoubted talent there I agree.
I just think he's too lightweight for the physicality of our league. I always have.
He what i would term a "luxury" player. Reminds me a lot of when we signed Pat Nevin.
Great when the going is good but not the best at helping dig out a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back