Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter tripe.

You are welcome to your opinion mate. Just make sure it's yours and the OPTA led fan boys'.

He didn't improve us in any meaningful way while he was here, and his stats for distance covered, or leading interceptions as he tried to win back possession he himself lost while dallying on the ball don't cut it for me.

Nice bloke though, and he at least always tried, unlike Gylfi the ghost.

Gueye is 1 of the biggest myths I've seen at Everton. Genuinely baffled by how many people his cheerleaders managed to hypnotise in to believing the stats narrative. It was akin to Pickford at Sunderland.

Every video I watch of Toffee TV, they continually wax lyrical about what he used to bring to the team and what we miss, makes it sound like we were an all conquering, dominant force while he was here.

Dont get me wrong, we haven't been great since he left, but we haven't been THAT much worse. That should tell you everything you need to know about the impact of Gana, or the other Gueye as he should be known.

This is a terrible take. We weren't a dominating force because for the most part he was our only good midfielder. It wasn't just stats with gueye, you can see from watching the game that he was everywhere.

He had periods of bad form and his passing wasn't always great. But his energy and defensive work was definitely stellar and it's why he went to one of the biggest teams in Europe.

This is a terrible take. We weren't a dominating force because for the most part he was our only good midfielder. It wasn't just stats with gueye, you can see from watching the game that he was everywhere.

He had periods of bad form and his passing wasn't always great. But his energy and defensive work was definitely stellar and it's why he went to one of the biggest teams in Europe.
And then stank the place out that much they played Chupo Moting instead of him.

By the looks of it we’re gonna be getting Allan, James and Doucoure for under £70m. That’s great business considering their quality, the teams that would’ve been after them and their asking prices at the beginning of the window. Easily saved £20m. Whatever you think about him Brands has done great work in getting Carlo the players he wants within the financial structure we’ve got.

He was very one dimensional though, he happened to be really good at that dimension, but limited as an all rounder in my opinion. He was good at what he did. I liked him, but i always think of the two games Vs Newcastle when we were in the lead and they turned it around by over running us in midfield, that and team would often out grock up for sheer power and presence. To be fair though anyone playing with Gomes in a two has to get through some amount of defensive work.

Its why i like the combo of Doucoure and Allan together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back