Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca weve seen dont have the right balance of ages in their team. If their players were all 27/28 then they 'may' have won the champions leage against...

...Bayern who have a beautiful blend of experience and youth throughout.

As for Wilfried Zaha, I actually dont dislike him or particularly like him. The issue is though that any fee of £30mil+ and a £120k+ a week salary makes no sense when you have Doucoure (27) Allan (29) james (29) and Zaha (27).

Zaha and Doucoure would theoretically be at their peak and gradually declining while James and Allan would be declining.

With FFP you also need to have sellable assets for 2 reasons. To have the ability to sell + spend (Gana / Barkley / Lukaku) and also to build a successful team obeying the rules. To do that you must only spend and pay salary within limits and Gordon ticks those boxes.

Not to mention the blend of the team...adding Zaha would mean we would be gambling on top 4.

As for calling Gana "plop", if we had Gana and Allan in the centre then that would be the most exciting centre midfield pair of battlers since the days of Joe Royle.

You like Delph though so...

If we actually signed Zaha for the left then we'd be going 442 with a 'flat' midfield or 433 with Richarlison as the lone central striker flanked by Zaha and James.

We could probably alternate between the 2 formations if we brought in a top notch adaptable right back.

Doucoure + James + Allan + Zaha + right back

Youre talking well north of £100mil there which smashes FFP unless we can sell players for a decent chunk of change.

Cant see that happening unless both Branthwaite and Gibson go on loan

Or we go 3 at the back...

Never once said I like Delph, but nice try.

I would cry if we had 2 utter cloggers in our midfield like Allan and Gana.

118748893_1281328722221900_8627973154537770711_n.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back