Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, and I'm a big boy. I can handle it.
What I don't like to see (and it isn't just my post, it happens a lot to others) is when somebody is basically told their opinion is a load of nonsense by people who basically know no more than them.
That's just not necessary.
We're all supposed to be on the same side here!

No mate you're wrong !:)

22 matches from 21st Dec - end of season

Holgate 18/20 games before injury
Keane 16/22 games

Not sure how you found Keane played more...

He would have likely played 12-14 out of 20 games if Holgate/Mina werent injured.

If youre really going to go for it then you'd need to have a new left winger (Zaha) a right back and also a centre back...to really go for it.

I mean, to me going for it would be hitting top 4 and being able to cover the costs in one hit.

By splashing out so much you've probably got 2 seasons to achieve top 4.

Fall short and FFP would be smashed...even then we would need to really sell a heap of players for decent fees fast.

Would Zaha really get us top 4, is he the missing link?

Id be open us to signing Ismaila Sarr from Watford. Hes got massive potential and on the up plus as a right footer he could play off the left going straight at goal with power and pace.

Also gives us the option to move him right if James moves to 10.
I used minutes played and didn't selectively exclude games.

If James plays on the right coming inside then i think we should be after a very fast up/down right back. My pick is Emerson who is like a train.

He gets alot of assists and goals for Betis (15th best side in La liga last season) and would provide a major threat on the right.

It would be nice to have Emerson / Rodriguez down the right so teams worry about us for once.

Mina was our best player for the first half of the season. Not only our best defender, our best player.

Under Ancelotti he was also playing alongside Holgate until he was injured and Keane got games and we shifted deep. He played very well in a few games and got motm in 2 or 3 of them as he defended stoutly.

Seeing as were looking likely to sign Rodriguez and possibly Arias who play in a triangle a fair amount for Colombia i think its actual common sense to play Mina over Keane.

In addition Mina has 1 in 4 for Colombia with James pinging dead balls to him.

So, looking at every morsel of evidence on view and on paper I would say it would be a bit silly to play Keane over Mina.

Then we come to Holgate who was Ancelotti's clear first choice centre back. Which is all we need to know.

Finally, Keane "on form". Dont make me laugh, he plays well every time hes in a deep defence. He wasnt exactly tip top when we leak goals when hes 10 yards forward.

Hes a good option to have if Ancelotti wants to play deep and bring him onto the pitch.

5 years on a (likely) £70k+ a week salary?

Not for me. If we had signed Gabriel then Keane would never have got that incredibly stupid reward.

Imagine having a centre back who is a confidence player and needs mollycoddling.

Bewildering.
If we are going to play a diamond or christmas tree formation then we are going to need a much more attacking full back as that is where all of our width will come from. Digne on the left is perfect but there is no way either Coleman or Kenny can play that formation. I agree Emerson is the exact type of player we would need and the two-year loan being floated seems a very sensible accountancy solution to our FFP issues if that doesn't scupper the work permit issues.

22 matches from 21st Dec - end of season

Holgate 18/20 games before injury
Keane 16/22 games

Not sure how you found Keane played more...

He would have likely played 12-14 out of 20 games if Holgate/Mina werent injured.

If youre really going to go for it then you'd need to have a new left winger (Zaha) a right back and also a centre back...to really go for it.

I mean, to me going for it would be hitting top 4 and being able to cover the costs in one hit.

By splashing out so much you've probably got 2 seasons to achieve top 4.

Fall short and FFP would be smashed...even then we would need to really sell a heap of players for decent fees fast.

Would Zaha really get us top 4, is he the missing link?

Id be open us to signing Ismaila Sarr from Watford. Hes got massive potential and on the up plus as a right footer he could play off the left going straight at goal with power and pace.

Also gives us the option to move him right if James moves to 10.

No one knows whats going on with FFP Zat so I wouldn't even worry about it - leave that to the owners.

Regards to making a go of it - with fixture pile ups, no pre season literally the league could be a free for all next season.

Leicester and Wolves were close to CL and they wont have the quality we will if you have Richarlison, Rodriguez, Zaha, Allan, Doucoure, Digne, Emerson/Arias etc.

I think a pacey LW who can cause teams problems is vital if we are to aim for anything above 7th/8th.

I used minutes played and didn't selectively exclude games.

"Selectively exclude games"

No mate, i counted the matches they each played and Holgate played more despite injury.

Keane only got a few games than expected likely due to first choice pairing Mina and Holgate getting injuries.

I mean its black and white lol

If we are going to play a diamond or christmas tree formation then we are going to need a much more attacking full back as that is where all of our width will come from. Digne on the left is perfect but there is no way either Coleman or Kenny can play that formation. I agree Emerson is the exact type of player we would need and the two-year loan being floated seems a very sensible accountancy solution to our FFP issues if that doesn't scupper the work permit issues.

Hes the dream...he and Digne at full back takes us to a different dimension.

No one knows whats going on with FFP Zat so I wouldn't even worry about it - leave that to the owners.

Regards to making a go of it - with fixture pile ups, no pre season literally the league could be a free for all next season.

Leicester and Wolves were close to CL and they wont have the quality we will if you have Richarlison, Rodriguez, Zaha, Allan, Doucoure, Digne, Emerson/Arias etc.

I think a pacey LW who can cause teams problems is vital if we are to aim for anything above 7th/8th.

Pickford
Emerson Mina Holgate Digne
James Allan Doucoure Sarr
Richarlison DCL
Id rather have this, youth and experience all over the pitch...

If you offered me Allan/Doucoure/Rodriguez before the window I would have extremely happy with that, An RB on loan or perm would be ideal but I'd be happy with them 3 for the window and as many outs as we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back