Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, the culture of this club is failure.

Lets get Gana back, a player who dragged us to the dizzy heights of 7th
Lets get Lukaku back, a player who dragged us to the dizzy heights of 11th
Lets get Geri back, a player who got dragged for Aaron Lennon
Let's get Doucoure in, a player who just got relegated.
Don't think I'm an advocate for failure, I just think the club needs to cut it's cloth accordingly. And I personally think Gueye is better than Doucoure.
I'd like the very best here, like most would, but that isn't possible just now.
Regarding the others you've named, you can find fault with most players if you try.
Allan for instance - could hardly get in the side which finished a lofty 7th. Rodriguez - been out on loan or sat on the bench for the last 2 seasons
Yet most on here are jerking off with their arrivals.
See,it's easy.

I mean, Gana had just been relegated when we signed him the first time
That's true.
Just goes to show that players can step up from worse teams, or down from better teams.
I'm not saying don't sign Doucoure, I'm saying out of the 2 I'd prefer Gueye back.
It's called an opinion.
This forum is full of folk who have to be right, who have to shoot down every statement put up by posters to make themselves feel bigger.
It's laughable, it's like being back at school.
It's a point scoring competition, who can prove somebody else wrong or call their post wrong when really it's all just about opinions isn't it?

I'm probably the wrong person to discuss stats with as I don't believe in them!

Doucoure is an odd one for me, I think he would be perfect in between Gomes and Allan but if we don't get Allan I think he would struggle. Time will tell anyway.
There's nothing wrong with stats if they are used properly but the way stats are used in football is an abomination. Tiny sample sizes and n numbers are extrapolated as if they have any meaning. For example if someone makes 3 assists in 25 games or even more spuriously 1,700 minutes and another player makes 4 assists in 28 games or 1,800 minutes you will get pundits, lids on here, even coaches talking about how one player is in the top quartile for assists and the other is not. Despite the fact that an n of 3 or 4 is basically meaningless and even then if you accept this flawed data as having some meaning it ignores the fact that if you were to compare the two records with any relevant test there would be no significant difference between the two data sets. The majority of football stats is masturbation that has no scientific basis, yet it is treated as gospel by many posters. It is charlatanry.

Can't say I've seen a lot of James lately to know if he has pace to play out wide
Right Back is going to huge to offer balanced width with Digne on the other side. We could be going deliberately narrow up from with James as a number 10
If James plays on the right coming inside then i think we should be after a very fast up/down right back. My pick is Emerson who is like a train.

He gets alot of assists and goals for Betis (15th best side in La liga last season) and would provide a major threat on the right.

It would be nice to have Emerson / Rodriguez down the right so teams worry about us for once.
If you want Mina in the side you drop Holgate
I know and it's hilarious. I don't think there is much of a gap between any of the 3 but on form Keane is at the top right now.
Mina was our best player for the first half of the season. Not only our best defender, our best player.

Under Ancelotti he was also playing alongside Holgate until he was injured and Keane got games and we shifted deep. He played very well in a few games and got motm in 2 or 3 of them as he defended stoutly.

Seeing as were looking likely to sign Rodriguez and possibly Arias who play in a triangle a fair amount for Colombia i think its actual common sense to play Mina over Keane.

In addition Mina has 1 in 4 for Colombia with James pinging dead balls to him.

So, looking at every morsel of evidence on view and on paper I would say it would be a bit silly to play Keane over Mina.

Then we come to Holgate who was Ancelotti's clear first choice centre back. Which is all we need to know.

Finally, Keane "on form". Dont make me laugh, he plays well every time hes in a deep defence. He wasnt exactly tip top when we leak goals when hes 10 yards forward.

Keane is absolutely dreadful, DREADFUL.
Hes a good option to have if Ancelotti wants to play deep and bring him onto the pitch.

5 years on a (likely) £70k+ a week salary?

Not for me. If we had signed Gabriel then Keane would never have got that incredibly stupid reward.

Imagine having a centre back who is a confidence player and needs mollycoddling.

Bewildering.

Puts Gordon in the team tho.

Its like he's never watched football.

Honest question, do you think Zat watches football or just reads about it?

Gana is plop.
Barca weve seen dont have the right balance of ages in their team. If their players were all 27/28 then they 'may' have won the champions leage against...

...Bayern who have a beautiful blend of experience and youth throughout.

As for Wilfried Zaha, I actually dont dislike him or particularly like him. The issue is though that any fee of £30mil+ and a £120k+ a week salary makes no sense when you have Doucoure (27) Allan (29) james (29) and Zaha (27).

Zaha and Doucoure would theoretically be at their peak and gradually declining while James and Allan would be declining.

With FFP you also need to have sellable assets for 2 reasons. To have the ability to sell + spend (Gana / Barkley / Lukaku) and also to build a successful team obeying the rules. To do that you must only spend and pay salary within limits and Gordon ticks those boxes.

Not to mention the blend of the team...adding Zaha would mean we would be gambling on top 4.

As for calling Gana "plop", if we had Gana and Allan in the centre then that would be the most exciting centre midfield pair of battlers since the days of Joe Royle.

You like Delph though so...
Im sure Ancelotti likes one wide player and the other more central who cuts in

Zaha on the left as the wide player offering pace

Rodriguez on the right cutting in on his left

Thats my prediction.
you know who I’ve not heard you mention in a while???
Zaha...

what’s the latest with him mate? ;)
If we actually signed Zaha for the left then we'd be going 442 with a 'flat' midfield or 433 with Richarlison as the lone central striker flanked by Zaha and James.

We could probably alternate between the 2 formations if we brought in a top notch adaptable right back.

Doucoure + James + Allan + Zaha + right back

Youre talking well north of £100mil there which smashes FFP unless we can sell players for a decent chunk of change.
Couple of Twitter mentions about us being after Stones.

I'd be very happy with that personally.
Cant see that happening unless both Branthwaite and Gibson go on loan

Or we go 3 at the back...

Let's get Doucoure in, a player who just got relegated.
Don't think I'm an advocate for failure, I just think the club needs to cut it's cloth accordingly. And I personally think Gueye is better than Doucoure.
I'd like the very best here, like most would, but that isn't possible just now.
Regarding the others you've named, you can find fault with most players if you try.
Allan for instance - could hardly get in the side which finished a lofty 7th. Rodriguez - been out on loan or sat on the bench for the last 2 seasons
Yet most on here are jerking off with their arrivals.
See,it's easy.
When you finish outside the top ten you don't sign the best players. We need CL for that,Ancelotti is the best bet to get it.

I'm not necessarily in favour of bringing said lads back, but Lukaku scored 25 goals from opemn play in his final season. The year Leicester won the league Vardy got 19 from open play. That we didn't put the infastructure around him to ensure we finished above 11th (or 7th that season) is the single biggest failure of the last 5 years.

As for Gana, he papered over the cracks, that were badly exposed last season when he went. There are lots of players who've played for us we can question in terms of attitude and performance but neither of the above would fit into that category.

Deulofeu is a different story.

That's true.
Just goes to show that players can step up from worse teams, or down from better teams.
I'm not saying don't sign Doucoure, I'm saying out of the 2 I'd prefer Gueye back.
It's called an opinion.
This forum is full of folk who have to be right, who have to shoot down every statement put up by posters to make themselves feel bigger.
It's laughable, it's like being back at school.
It's a point scoring competition, who can prove somebody else wrong or call their post wrong when really it's all just about opinions isn't it?
It's called a discussion mate.

You have every right to express your opinion, obviously. However doing so opens your opinion up to comment.

Freedom to have an opinion isn't freedom from scrutiny, nor should it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back