Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If James plays on the right coming inside then i think we should be after a very fast up/down right back. My pick is Emerson who is like a train.

He gets alot of assists and goals for Betis (15th best side in La liga last season) and would provide a major threat on the right.

It would be nice to have Emerson / Rodriguez down the right so teams worry about us for once.

Mina was our best player for the first half of the season. Not only our best defender, our best player.

Under Ancelotti he was also playing alongside Holgate until he was injured and Keane got games and we shifted deep. He played very well in a few games and got motm in 2 or 3 of them as he defended stoutly.

Seeing as were looking likely to sign Rodriguez and possibly Arias who play in a triangle a fair amount for Colombia i think its actual common sense to play Mina over Keane.

In addition Mina has 1 in 4 for Colombia with James pinging dead balls to him.

So, looking at every morsel of evidence on view and on paper I would say it would be a bit silly to play Keane over Mina.

Then we come to Holgate who was Ancelotti's clear first choice centre back. Which is all we need to know.

Finally, Keane "on form". Dont make me laugh, he plays well every time hes in a deep defence. He wasnt exactly tip top when we leak goals when hes 10 yards forward.

Hes a good option to have if Ancelotti wants to play deep and bring him onto the pitch.

5 years on a (likely) £70k+ a week salary?

Not for me. If we had signed Gabriel then Keane would never have got that incredibly stupid reward.

Imagine having a centre back who is a confidence player and needs mollycoddling.

Bewildering.
Holgate who played less than Keane since Carlo took over is clearly Carlo's first choice CB.

And I don't remember it that way with Mina but it is irrelevant because the first half of the season was a different system.

Barca weve seen dont have the right balance of ages in their team. If their players were all 27/28 then they 'may' have won the champions leage against...

...Bayern who have a beautiful blend of experience and youth throughout.

As for Wilfried Zaha, I actually dont dislike him or particularly like him. The issue is though that any fee of £30mil+ and a £120k+ a week salary makes no sense when you have Doucoure (27) Allan (29) james (29) and Zaha (27).

Zaha and Doucoure would theoretically be at their peak and gradually declining while James and Allan would be declining.

With FFP you also need to have sellable assets for 2 reasons. To have the ability to sell + spend (Gana / Barkley / Lukaku) and also to build a successful team obeying the rules. To do that you must only spend and pay salary within limits and Gordon ticks those boxes.

Not to mention the blend of the team...adding Zaha would mean we would be gambling on top 4.

As for calling Gana "plop", if we had Gana and Allan in the centre then that would be the most exciting centre midfield pair of battlers since the days of Joe Royle.

You like Delph though so...

If we actually signed Zaha for the left then we'd be going 442 with a 'flat' midfield or 433 with Richarlison as the lone central striker flanked by Zaha and James.

We could probably alternate between the 2 formations if we brought in a top notch adaptable right back.

Doucoure + James + Allan + Zaha + right back

Youre talking well north of £100mil there which smashes FFP unless we can sell players for a decent chunk of change.

Cant see that happening unless both Branthwaite and Gibson go on loan

Or we go 3 at the back...

The way I see it is if you buy a box of condoms you dont go forgetting the lube.

No point bringing in 3 good players to then have someone like Bernard or Iwobi offering little to nothing out on the left hand side.

With Allan and Rodriguez both being 29 I would rather go for it this season than mess around waiting to sign other players in 1-2 seaons time when they start getting past their peak years.

It's called a discussion mate.

You have every right to express your opinion, obviously. However doing so opens your opinion up to comment.

Freedom to have an opinion isn't freedom from scrutiny, nor should it be.
Agreed, and I'm a big boy. I can handle it.
What I don't like to see (and it isn't just my post, it happens a lot to others) is when somebody is basically told their opinion is a load of nonsense by people who basically know no more than them.
That's just not necessary.
We're all supposed to be on the same side here!

Apparently looking a free transfers in Goalkeepers.

I like the look of Luca Zidane (son of Zinedine) ex Real who played on loan at Racing Santander last season.

Played La Liga and Champions League too and only 22 not a huge financial risk.

Looks alright for a free, hardly any catches Though in the video just shot stopping.

So its a double announcement then?
Doucoure done as well apparently
Everton media team:

0DD74EC9-0540-4B13-8578-D59A9F0340C9.webp

Holgate who played less than Keane since Carlo took over is clearly Carlo's first choice CB.

And I don't remember it that way with Mina but it is irrelevant because the first half of the season was a different system.

22 matches from 21st Dec - end of season

Holgate 18/20 games before injury
Keane 16/22 games

Not sure how you found Keane played more...

He would have likely played 12-14 out of 20 games if Holgate/Mina werent injured.

The way I see it is if you buy a box of condoms you dont go forgetting the lube.

No point bringing in 3 good players to then have someone like Bernard or Iwobi offering little to nothing out on the left hand side.

With Allan and Rodriguez both being 29 I would rather go for it this season than mess around waiting to sign other players in 1-2 seaons time when they start getting past their peak years.

If youre really going to go for it then you'd need to have a new left winger (Zaha) a right back and also a centre back...to really go for it.

I mean, to me going for it would be hitting top 4 and being able to cover the costs in one hit.

By splashing out so much you've probably got 2 seasons to achieve top 4.

Fall short and FFP would be smashed...even then we would need to really sell a heap of players for decent fees fast.

Would Zaha really get us top 4, is he the missing link?

Id be open us to signing Ismaila Sarr from Watford. Hes got massive potential and on the up plus as a right footer he could play off the left going straight at goal with power and pace.

Also gives us the option to move him right if James moves to 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back