Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're different types of player: Dacoure has an engine on him and will be happy to close down, press and harass the opposite just as much as charging forward.

I think Gomes is technically a better player in terms of ball and vision, but all the above (the physical and movement side) haven't been strengths of his.

A mix of Allan, Doucouré and Gomes would offer lots of physicality, momentum, pressure, movement and technical play. If we have more movement up front too...

I think they are a very balanced midfield 3, all a bit different but all have some key overlaps in their gam- namely quite powerful, can carry and pass the ball.

Gomes has been a bit up and down, but I do think having those two alongside him will really help him. I think he has to play with more freedom and have the license to get forward and influence the game more in the opponents third. I suspect part of playing within himself is down to injury, part is probably a natural comfort to him,but a big part is that next too say Davies and/or Sigurdsson or even Delph must leave you feeling very exposed if you lose it up the pitch.

If he remains inconsistent with the lads we have in this midfield it's almost an irredeemable project, but I do hope he can start becoming consistent too.

Everton Twitter page only retweeted today. Media team must be pretty busy ey. Got their work cut out for them tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back