Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't know the Leeds story well enough to say how valid the comparison is. And I know that Esk is way off on some of the things here. But the idea that we're taking some big risks here is valid but so long as disaster doesn't striker it just doesn't matter.

I'm not sure this is the time for the conversation anyway. We're signing James Rodriguez.
They are investing, simple. See what wages the offload soon.

So, just touching on this, do you think we are hedging a large amount of bets that by backing Ancelotti and the 2 years being merged that we should finish considerably higher up the table? By finishing much highher up the table we get a ton more funds, maybe thats the idea?

We need a back up striker ....goals came from Richarlison,DCL last season so if either one gets injured we will struggle to score goals....

We need to be more of a potent force in front of goal, scoring that vital first goal is imperative to winning games...

It will also push DCL onwards more & become more competitive...

So, just touching on this, do you think we are hedging a large amount of bets that by backing Ancelotti and the 2 years being merged that we should finish considerably higher up the table? By finishing much highher up the table we get a ton more funds, maybe thats the idea?
We really don't get that much more. It is like 2m a spot so even if we finish 2nd that's only 20m more. Not exactly game changing given what we are spending.

We need a back up striker ....goals came from Richarlison,DCL last season so if either one gets injured we will struggle to score goals....

We need to be more of a potent force in front of goal, scoring that vital first goal is imperative to winning games...

It will also push DCL onwards more & become more competitive...
Kean...

I mean as players those two genuinely have nothing in common but their nationality so it would be a bit odd if you compared them in that way.

Both Italian
Both dubbed "the next big thing"
Both known for off field shenanigans

But yes must be because they are black.

And even if that was a factor - how is that racist exactly?

Do you know the definition of what racism is?

Making yourself look daft here mate.

Lukaku was always compared to Drogba

Ramsey compared to Bale

Any young English striker "the next Rooney"

Any Argentinan starlet "the next messi"

We almost signed the next Kaka before he joined Real in January - is that racist?

If my auntie and her sister both had bo***cos they'd be my uncles.

If the sky fell down we'd all die.

What realistic point are you trying to make?
I think kean will come good but hasn't shown much yet. I am not convinced by Calvert lewin. He had a good patch last season, but he has to be more clinical. I have no concerns about richarlison.

That means we're hoping 2 of our 3 strikers "come good". That's a concern when you compare against the top 6 squads and our hopes of catching them this season.

Both Italian
Both dubbed "the next big thing"
Both known for off field shenanigans

But yes must be because they are black.

And even if that was a factor - how is that racist exactly?

Do you know the definition of what racism is?

Making yourself look daft here mate.

Lukaku was always compared to Drogba

Ramsey compared to Bale

Any young English striker "the next Rooney"

Any Argentinan starlet "the next messi"

We almost signed the next Kaka before he joined Real in January - is that racist?
I mean has anybody called Ramsey the next Bale?

Few other made up 1s there, but that 1 stands out the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back