Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Italian
Both dubbed "the next big thing"
Both known for off field shenanigans

But yes must be because they are black.

And even if that was a factor - how is that racist exactly?

Do you know the definition of what racism is?

Making yourself look daft here mate.

Lukaku was always compared to Drogba

Ramsey compared to Bale

Any young English striker "the next Rooney"

Any Argentinan starlet "the next messi"

We almost signed the next Kaka before he joined Real in January - is that racist?
There are dozens of noteworthy Italian players, 10 players a year get called the next big thing, and saying Kean is "known" for off the field things is a stretch.

And the Lukaku to Drogba is a terrible example to try and make your point with.

Anyway this is transfers and we are getting away from that. So go back to your source and let us know what isn't happening next.

Finally: we don't need a striker.

Not moaning at all, very happy with our new midfield, but apart from James, we have no goal threat from there: Iwobi Walcott Gomes Bernard, hopeless goalscoring returns, Allan And Doucoure are not the type of players to pop up with ten a season. If the midfielders and defenders don’t chip in with their fair share that puts a lot of pressure on the strikers.

Hopefully we keep James fit and he starts slotting because there’s not many other goals coming from the midfield in my opinion .

Looking back at this post, getting James and Allan, and Doucoure on top of them, is amazing business. We now have a proper midfield and arguably the best one we've had for a long time.

We'll need to shift some players. I'm guessing Gylfi and Delph are the two on their way out.

Wonder if we'll do much more?

Totally agree, fantastic incomings

One thing that there is a concern with is the captaincy, Coleman, given we are looking for a replacement he shouldn’t be the choice, but who else do we have?

Vocal wise Holgate is the strongest but what would be the respect level from the incomings

If we are bringing in a right back or defender it should be with this in mind

Thoughts?

I'm excited by the three signings I hope we aren't let down this time. We just need a new RB I reckon but we could get by if it doesn't happen.

I think kean will come good but hasn't shown much yet. I am not convinced by Calvert lewin. He had a good patch last season, but he has to be more clinical. I have no concerns about richarlison.

That means we're hoping 2 of our 3 strikers "come good". That's a concern when you compare against the top 6 squads and our hopes of catching them this season.

I get your general point, but the 'if this, if that' scenario is countered by the 'what if this, what if that?' one.

You suggest we're light on cover up front, but we're seemingly about to sign a second row to them that must surely excite and ignite them, on the balance of probability.

The potential of Richie, DCL, Kean and James is frightening.

Holistically, how can you look at what's happening and strike a fearful, pessimistic tone?

Totally agree, fantastic incomings

One thing that there is a concern with is the captaincy, Coleman, given we are looking for a replacement he shouldn’t be the choice, but who else do we have?

Vocal wise Holgate is the strongest but what would be the respect level from the incomings

If we are bringing in a right back or defender it should be with this in mind

Thoughts?
I think if his English was good enough you’d go for Allan but realistically you are looking at Digne, Keane or Richarlison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back