Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, fantastic incomings

One thing that there is a concern with is the captaincy, Coleman, given we are looking for a replacement he shouldn’t be the choice, but who else do we have?

Vocal wise Holgate is the strongest but what would be the respect level from the incomings

If we are bringing in a right back or defender it should be with this in mind

Thoughts?

Personally I can see us ditching plans for a right back and sticking with Coleman. Some won’t like it but a whole new midfield gives him more cover.

Football lacks leaders these days it really does. I’d have brought in Hart to compete with Pickford to be honest.

Edit: I literally disagree with everything I’ve posted above. Too much flight tracking today.

So, just touching on this, do you think we are hedging a large amount of bets that by backing Ancelotti and the 2 years being merged that we should finish considerably higher up the table? By finishing much highher up the table we get a ton more funds, maybe thats the idea?

Yes and all the players out of contract next summer(Besic, Walcott, Sandro, Bolasie) and we will probably be selling a Digne or Richy next summer if we are honest.

Not moaning at all, very happy with our new midfield, but apart from James, we have no goal threat from there: Iwobi Walcott Gomes Bernard, hopeless goalscoring returns, Allan And Doucoure are not the type of players to pop up with ten a season. If the midfielders and defenders don’t chip in with their fair share that puts a lot of pressure on the strikers.

Hopefully we keep James fit and he starts slotting because there’s not many other goals coming from the midfield in my opinion .
Doucoure can score goals

Not moaning at all, very happy with our new midfield, but apart from James, we have no goal threat from there: Iwobi Walcott Gomes Bernard, hopeless goalscoring returns, Allan And Doucoure are not the type of players to pop up with ten a season. If the midfielders and defenders don’t chip in with their fair share that puts a lot of pressure on the strikers.

Hopefully we keep James fit and he starts slotting because there’s not many other goals coming from the midfield in my opinion .
The thing is that when you constantly give the ball away in midfield, creative players never get the chance to build anything in attack. Our wingers are constantly having to track back

I get your general point, but the 'if this, if that' scenario is countered by the 'what if this, what if that?' one.

You suggest we're light on cover up front, but we're seemingly about to sign a second row to them that must surely excite and ignite them, on the balance of probability.

The potential of Richie, DCL, Kean and James is frightening.

Holistically, how can you look at what's happening and strike a fearful, pessimistic tone?
Made up with who we're signing. Has directly solved a problem that was obvious to everyone. I was talking about the other positions we could potentially strengthen and someone asked why I though we should look to sign another striker. Not being negative.

You’re right. What am I thinking?

I’ve always had rated Hart and it’s easy to forget how poor he’s been for years now.

We also badly need a new right back.

Buy everyone Carlo.

never rated Hart overly myself. And as it’s happened with Pickford, the seemingly inflated ego beyond the talent leveljust makes them stand out to be disliked.

Coleman just isn’t a leader in any way. And needs to be at best on the bench next season. Outside chance he sparks againif we manage toput an actual team together, but I don’t think we should close the window without a first choice rb that isn’t Seamus

Cannot understand the fears of going the way of Leeds/Portsmouth/Villa etc, when the club are basically replacing an entire, ineffectual midfield, with a potentially exciting, peak aged one, for the price of Harry McGuire.

This also gives Gbamin and Gomes a chance to recover fully from horrific ,season destroying injuries.

The revamped midfield will hopefully pay dividends for the forwards and the defense too.

Yes, we have lots of wasters on big wages, but they are hopefully not going to be here for too much longer. The Koeman/Allardyce season was a total disaster.

I am even willing to see if the likes of Bernard and the so far dreadful Iwobi, can find their form in a totally revamped engine room.

Personally I can see us ditching plans for a right back and sticking with Coleman. Some won’t like it but a whole new midfield gives him more cover.

Football lacks leaders these days it really does. I’d have brought in Hart to compete with Pickford to be honest.

Edit: I literally disagree with everything I’ve posted above. Too much flight tracking today.

We haven’t had a decent captain since Pip Neville who was a crap footballer

Do you believe that Coleman is good enough in the role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back