Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was great at what he did, tackle and intercept balls but he wasn’t strong outside of that. I like him a lot but he added nothing going forward

This is just as big a myth as him not being good! He was very useful going forward because he always offered an option, his ability to make space for himself and then give it and go was tremendous. He was very rarely the one getting the glory but he enabled us to attack better purely by being there. Our biggest problem is how static our players are.

Forgive me if I am being incredibly naive but is FFP exclusively an issue for clubs in UEFA competition? If so, if we finish 8th next year do we get another year to comply?

My US friend keeps telling me about Diego Rossi of Los Angeles FC.

Not rumours but singing the praises of the Uruguayan 22 year old. I keep telling him it's a turd league but he is convinced he'll be amazing. MLS are convinced he'll be the next huge signing for someone in Europe.

He is very Suarez-like in terms of movement not racial prejudice. Any other US Blues seen him.

Forgive me if I am being incredibly naive but is FFP exclusively an issue for clubs in UEFA competition? If so, if we finish 8th next year do we get another year to comply?

No.

What is Financial Fair Play?
In addition to Company Law, the Premier League has its own Rules relating to club finances, accounting and good governance.

The Premier League, Football League and UEFA each has its own regulations governing club finances. The most widely known FFP policies are probably UEFA’s. These pertain to the licensing system for teams who wish to take part in European club competitions.

The Premier League has a number of financial rules in place, including requirements for clubs to pay transfer fees, salaries and tax bills on time. They must also submit accounts annually, and disclose payments made to agents. You can read these regulations in full in the Premier League Handbook, primarily Section E: Club Finances.

Outside of these obligations it is up to individual clubs, who all have their own directors and senior executives, to make decisions over how they spend their income.

Wolves don't have European football next season and they still have to comply with :

Wolves have agreed to report "a maximum break-even deficit of €30m (£27.1m) in the financial year ending in 2020 and to finally reach, in the 2021/22 season, an aggregate break-even result for the financial years ending in 2019, 2020 and 2021".

My US friend keeps telling me about Diego Rossi of Los Angeles FC.

Not rumours but singing the praises of the Uruguayan 22 year old. I keep telling him it's a turd league but he is convinced he'll be amazing. MLS are convinced he'll be the next huge signing for someone in Europe.

He is very Suarez-like in terms of movement not racial prejudice. Any other US Blues seen him.

He was on the radar for Europe long before he went to MLS

t
Esk isn't all the way wrong here in that we are playing fast and loose with the finances but it really only becomes a problem if you go down. Otherwise the sheer volume of cash coming in covers everything.
We could sell Richarlison and it would more than pay for what has been spent. .
Apart from that football is a totally different industry than when Leeds imploded and they didn't have a billionaire owner who has a multi billionaire associate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back