Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah was Richarlison however still a stupid amount of money for Sigurdsson!

Completely agreed on Gylfis fee, and i wouldn't have had a problem if merson had decided to have a go at that, if I'm honest - I hate that the fraud is our record signing - thanks Steve Walsh and Ronko!

We should keep going for Emerson. It’s an easy sell: “join Carlo’s South American revolution and become Brazil’s starting right back within 18 months.”

In short, no. Coleman loves the club and we love Coleman.

We need a right sided Digne ultimately.

As for a captain, it’s not easy to find them these days but Holgate could be the man despite his age.
That’s harsh MG I think he has potential.

Celik is another one that was linked to a move but it’s gone very quiet. Now he’d be my first choice.
Carlo could do worse than plunder Real again now that the relationship is good, they have a highly rated young RB Alvaro Odriozola that they loaned to Bayern earlier this year just back at the club, could be a great shout off the back of the James transfer on a one year loan.
Coleman isn’t good enough. We need a new right back who can link play.

Emerson: Fantastic attacking and average defensively. Hes like a train down the right and going to be Brazils starting right back before long. If we can get him for a decent fee then he'd only gain value over the coming seasons. I wanted him and Gabriel this summer above anyone else, going to the top...Barca need funds so this mooted loan deal wont work as they would need to buyout Betis and turn a profit, £20-25mil perhaps...worth it ;)

Arias: He'd make up the Colombian trifecta on the right with Mina and James. For that reason I wouldnt be against him on a loan deal and would be a reasonable move to improve short term. If we didnt have Mina/James though i wouldnt bother but those 3 should already have a good understanding.

Aarons: Not gone anywhere yet and, like Emerson would be strong down the outside going past James who cuts inside. Would need coaching on the defensive part of his game and probably not a huge short term improvement.

Odriozola: Not had enough games for Real or Bayern and definitely looks more of an attacking weapon than a solid player defensively. Probably not worth the fee Real would want and could need time to adapt at right back so a loan may not be worthwhile.

For me, Emerson is the clear standout right back we should be after and someone genuinely exciting and effective. Would give us a huge threat in both full back positions and give oppositions a lot to worry about down the right.

This is just as big a myth as him not being good! He was very useful going forward because he always offered an option, his ability to make space for himself and then give it and go was tremendous. He was very rarely the one getting the glory but he enabled us to attack better purely by being there. Our biggest problem is how static our players are.
You can't be talking about Gueye here, surely?

Emerson: Fantastic attacking and average defensively. Hes like a train down the right and going to be Brazils starting right back before long. If we can get him for a decent fee then he'd only gain value over the coming seasons. I wanted him and Gabriel this summer above anyone else, going to the top...Barca need funds so this mooted loan deal wont work as they would need to buyout Betis and turn a profit, £20-25mil perhaps...worth it ;)

Arias: He'd make up the Colombian trifecta on the right with Mina and James. For that reason I wouldnt be against him on a loan deal and would be a reasonable move to improve short term. If we didnt have Mina/James though i wouldnt bother but those 3 should already have a good understanding.

Aarons: Not gone anywhere yet and, like Emerson would be strong down the outside going past James who cuts inside. Would need coaching on the defensive part of his game and probably not a huge short term improvement.

Odriozola: Not had enough games for Real or Bayern and definitely looks more of an attacking weapon than a solid player defensively. Probably not worth the fee Real would want and could need time to adapt at right back so a loan may not be worthwhile.

For me, Emerson is the clear standout right back we should be after and someone genuinely exciting and effective. Would give us a huge threat in both full back positions and give oppositions a lot to worry about down the right.
Lille RB Celik??

We were better defensively every year with Gueye in the side than we were this year and we finished much lower in the league this year. So we didn't achieve the same results with Sigurdsson and Davies.

No mate, defensively, 17/18 was out worst year since Walter Smith in 00/01 in terms of Goal difference and goals conceded. Gueye was a virtual ever present. The season before, out best run of form came while he was at AFCON, and I will admit, he had a fairly decent 2nd half of 18/19 while he was playing for his move.

Look, I'm not saying he's the worst player we've ever had, and maybe "The other Gueye" was a little tongue in cheek, but the way people go on about him, honestly, you would think he was Patrick Vieira.

We signed him from a woeful relegated Aston Villa team with no defensive discipline, and were generally poor in midfield the whole time he was here. Often times blame was shifted to any and every midfield partner he had, while he was still, maddeningly, singled out as being "world class".

To say we havent missed his legs and his energy since he left would be stupid. Mostly because we have been left with Sigurdsson, Delph, Gomes and Davies. But honestly, 46 year old Lee Carsley would've added Legs to that midfield. It's not like we were great then sold him and became rubbish.

Like I said, it's all about opinions. Mine is that the level he was/has been built up to, based almost exclusively on stats and effort, is not representative to the actual level he achieved. Ive had a Season Ticket for 24 years, going back to Joe Royle, and have seen the best and the worst we have had to offer in that time. For me, Gana would probably rank somewhere in the middle. Some would have him in a best PŁ 11. For me, he wouldn't even get in my top 10 centre mids, let alone a best 11.

Have any of them besides Arias been linked? Speaking of Arias, haven't heard anything about him as of late.

Err

Think will end up a loan at rb which will most likely be arias. I would like to see more homegrown players in the squad which is why i would go for arrons definatley has good potential and would offer kenny plus cash

Lille RB Celik??

What of him?

Have any of them besides Arias been linked? Speaking of Arias, haven't heard anything about him as of late.

Emerson was linked to us and Milan on a 2 year loan deal with guaranteed permanent deal after that.

Barca supposedly.turned it down...likely they will want £20-30mil for him as they need to buy Betis out + need money.

Great opportunity to get him.

Made up quality additions to the midfield all around, defensive strength, class and good range of passing in Allan. Creativity and goals in James. And now so pace and power in Doucoure.

I’m all for making signings that are part of a longer term outlook but first and foremost you look at what the team needs to improve on the previous season and try and acquire the best you can.

With these 3 we can play it cool and try get a few more out of the door. The manager has enough to work with going into the season so Brands can do his job addressing the less pressing positions (RB, RW) with less pressure.
Said before could accept the 3 new lads and nothing else. Anything else in or out is a bonus

"Everton would be willing to accept offers for Gylfi Sigurdsson, Theo Walcott, Bernard and Fabian Delph, as well as Yannick Bolasie, Sandro Ramírez and Muhamed Besic, who have returned from loan spells"

"Everton would be willing to accept offers for Gylfi Sigurdsson, Theo Walcott, Bernard and Fabian Delph, as well as Yannick Bolasie, Sandro Ramírez and Muhamed Besic, who have returned from loan spells"
570k a week in wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back