Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Everton would be willing to accept offers for Gylfi Sigurdsson, Theo Walcott, Bernard and Fabian Delph, as well as Yannick Bolasie, Sandro Ramírez and Muhamed Besic, who have returned from loan spells"

Unbelievable how we can sell all of them without any impact to our football.

Only exceptions would be Walcott who does actually make us play better when he’s on the pitch, and Bernard who has stacks of ability but the worst composure in front of goal I’ve ever seen.

It’s over £600k a week in wages too. Allan (80k) James (140k) and Doucoure (80k) are probably on a combined £300k pw.

We’d do well to recoup the £60m from these sales too (Gylfi £10-15m, Bernard £10-15m, Walcott £10m, small fees for the others).

Surprisingly Tosun isn’t on the list but I wonder if his injury is worse than expected.

In an ideal world we would sell all of them including Tosun (£10m), buy Bailey (£20m) who can play both sides, sell Kenny (£15m), buy Celik (£20m).

Net spend of £25m, with an overall decrease of wages of over £200k pw, and a massive increase of quality/balance in the squad.

This is just as big a myth as him not being good! He was very useful going forward because he always offered an option, his ability to make space for himself and then give it and go was tremendous. He was very rarely the one getting the glory but he enabled us to attack better purely by being there. Our biggest problem is how static our players are.

its not a myth at all, I thought he was an awesome player but he lacked when going forward massively. his assists and goal tally was low

You can't be talking about Gueye here, surely?

I am indeed. A player who makes space for himself and offers an option to pass to. He doesn't have to play the defence splitting passes himself, just get the ball and give it to someone who can. No matter where the ball was on the pitch he was about 5-10 yards away in space. It's mad how many players, especially midfielders don't do that these days, it used to be a basic requirement.

Think unless it's a loan, likely to see things go quiet now till the end of the window for incomings.

The major job was the midfield. Another pacey forward, right back, goalie to push Pickford think would be the icing on the cake.

Brands work really starts now shifting the deadwood.

in other words drink it in the next few days as think that's your lot for while.

Unbelievable how we can sell all of them without any impact to our football.

Only exceptions would be Walcott who does actually make us play better when he’s on the pitch, and Bernard who has stacks of ability but the worst composure in front of goal I’ve ever seen.

It’s over £600k a week in wages too. Allan (80k) James (140k) and Doucoure (80k) are probably on a combined £300k pw.

We’d do well to recoup the £60m from these sales too (Gylfi £10-15m, Bernard £10-15m, Walcott £10m, small fees for the others).

Surprisingly Tosun isn’t on the list but I wonder if his injury is worse than expected.

In an ideal world we would sell all of them including Tosun (£10m), buy Bailey (£20m) who can play both sides, sell Kenny (£15m), buy Celik (£20m).

Net spend of £25m, with an overall decrease of wages of over £200k pw, and a massive increase of quality/balance in the squad.
Is that you Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back