Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight losing out on Zouma was the better thing that could have happened to us as it allowed Holgate to get his chance and flourish, which will hopefully in turn lead to us replacing Keane with somebody better.

Just desperately need to sort out the right hand side and get a good central midfielder in then we'll be sound.
Gabriel would be a good start to fixing our backline (hopefully), but if the goals keep going in next year it'll be time to get another CB next summer. Our defense is far from where it needs to be and this run of form that we're crediting Holgate for is imo a matter of low standards rather than high performance.

Gabriel would be a good start to fixing our backline (hopefully), but if the goals keep going in next year it'll be time to get another CB next summer. Our defense is far from where it needs to be and this run of form that we're crediting Holgate for is imo a matter of low standards rather than high performance.

Goals keep going in is because we need an actual right-back for once.

Goals keep going in is because we need an actual right-back for once.
Sidibe has been bad, but he's also not been at fault for everything bad that has happened. From what I remember there are usually multiple people not doing enough on every goal we let in. Midfield not pressuring, CBs losing their marks, fullbacks out of position and the keeper being hapless.

Sidibe has been bad, but he's also not been at fault for everything bad that has happened. From what I remember there are usually multiple people not doing enough on every goal we let in. Midfield not pressuring, CBs losing their marks, fullbacks out of position and the keeper being hapless.

Not saying we have an amazing defence but for me it’s the biggest problem with it by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back